Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

XBOX breaking my games

• 30-07-2009 2:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

My xbox keeps on breaking all my games:mad: I brought it into the shop I bought it and they replaced the disk tray or something but it still breaks them. The guy at the store said that its because I move the console when its on .
    Does anyone else have this problem and does anyone have a solution?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,156 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Well do you move the console when it's on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Do you have the xbox lying down or standing up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 glenjohnsonlfc

I do remember I kicked it by accident when it broke my NFL it started making a noise and then it said the disk was unreadable. I have it lying down cause I heard if you have it standing up it will definitly destroy your games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

There's your problem.

Soloution: Don't kick the Xbox again and it should be ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

We lost a brand new copy of bioshock on ours because we had it standing and of course it got knocked over, lesson learned and its been lying flat and not eating games since.

OP if it's still scratching the disc's then something has probably be knocked out of place slightly, any issue opening the tray , is it smooth , any noice from it lick clicking when there is a disc in?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

I have it lying down cause I heard if you have it standing up it will definitly destroy your games

ive had mine since launch, and its standing up, and ive not so much as scraped a single disc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Helix wrote: »
    ive had mine since launch, and its standing up, and ive not so much as scraped a single disc

touch wood now before you jinx yourself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

Mine scratches disks sometimes it lying down inside a cabinet so nothing knocks off it. I have heard its a common enough problem ( along with all the others).

Send it back to microsoft if its within warranty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Send it back to microsoft if its within warranty.

theyll charge to fix it, afaik rrod is the only freebie fix

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

If they changed the disc tray in the shop they have voided your warranty with microsoft best option is to return it to the shop and buy a new one

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

Helix wrote: »
    theyll charge to fix it, afaik rrod is the only freebie fix

If it's in warranty they'll fix the drive too.

Mine kept spitting out discs and scratching them, I rang them and they replaced the drive free of charge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

keen wrote: »
    If it's in warranty they'll fix the drive too.

Mine kept spitting out discs and scratching them, I rang them and they replaced the drive free of charge.

But because the shop replaced his drive the console is now out of warranty only microsoft are allowed to remove the warranty sticker so your boned unless you return it to the shop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

Evolute wrote: »
    But because the shop replaced his drive the console is now out of warranty only microsoft are allowed to remove the warranty sticker so your boned unless you return it to the shop

Ah missed that part.

Advertisement