Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tokyo Marui MP7 misfeeding full-auto

Options
  • 30-07-2009 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭

Just got my excited hands on a second-hand TM MP7 and if you're not jealous you should be. However, it doesn't feed properly when firing full-auto. A few rounds will go out but then it starts dry-firing. Initially I wondered if it's the mag, but switching to semi-auto seems to consistently dry-fire once and then carry on as normal, and will happily empty the mag. Going back to full-auto fires a few and then starts dry-firing again.

I haven't opened it up yet, just wondering if anyone has any ideas so I'm not starting from complete scratch.

Edit: Oh yeah, and the previous owner said it feeds fine with a high-cap mag. I only have the standard 50-round mid-cap it comes with normally.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

could be the mag, try a bit of silicon in the magazine, it may have never been maintained correctly

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

The mag is a very common cause of misfeeding on them. you can get a set of MAG branded midcaps for it for about 30-40quid on ehobby.
    If ya bring it in you can try my mags in it and see if its any better. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Could also be the quality of the BBs. I know a lot of bios can misfeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭evilrobotshane

So say, theoretically, there's this hypothetical friend of mine who just ordered a number of similar TM 50-round mid-caps from eHobbyAsia, let's for argument's sake say yesterday. What might... he... (or she)... do in that situation?

Stretch the spring? I hope so, I love doing that. I mean, my friend does. Would. If he or she existed.

gerrowadat wrote: »
    Could also be the quality of the BBs. I know a lot of bios can misfeed.

Wasn't using bios this time. Bios for Jebrovia, maybe, but Turkmenistan screwed up their own environment long before I got there and it's not my place to care. They're Raptor .2s though and reports vary. I'll try something else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Wasn't using bios this time. Bios for Jebrovia, maybe, but Turkmenistan screwed up their own environment long before I got there and it's not my place to care. They're Raptor .2s though and reports vary. I'll try something else.

Bring it along tomorrow and you can try some G&Gs in it. Them being the king of BBs, it'll basically rule out BB quality as a problem.

And, while I'm at it:
    Masada wrote: »
    The mag is a very common cause of misfeeding on them. you can get a set of MAG branded midcaps for it for about 30-40quid on ehobby.
    If ya bring it in you can try my mags in it and see if its any better. :)

Are the MAG ones good? Having seen problems other folks have had with cheap mags I just automatically ignored them. If they are though I'd see about switching up my order if possible.

Thanks for the offer, but getting across the northside is extraordinarily inconvenient for some reason. Cabra might as well be Mars. :)

MAG mags are not really cheap (wish they where :rolleyes: ), some of the best mid caps you can get

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭sliabh

I have a TM MP-7 and I have had the same problem. In the end I found it was the BBs. While it is a lovely AEG it is very tempermental with what it is willing to fire. It repeatedly choked on Bioval's but was happy as a p.i.s. with excels.

Right, spot on, it is the BBs. I had most of a bag of G&G .25s lying around from Day 1 and it only misfed those once per mag, about halfway through the mag each time, attempting to go full-auto all the way. Same for Gunfire .2 bio BBs, obtained in South East Airsoft, which had been serving me fine at MAC when everyone else was having feeding problems with some other brand of bios. The Raptor ones, when tried again, provided just as crappy results as ever.

So now I have opinions about BBs, as well as camo. I'd say "just shoot me", but I know you all are going to anyway, some day.

Thanks all very much! Result, without having to wreck anything.

Puding: 6 MAG 50-round MP7 mags for 26 bucks on eHobbyAsia. Worth getting, I take it?

• Advertisement

Puding: 6 MAG 50-round MP7 mags for 26 bucks on eHobbyAsia. Worth getting, I take it?

sounds good, although i personally love the longer 100rd version :) but all down to personal preference on that, just remember, shipping duty and vat,

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭ASI Casper

STAR MP7 mags also feed perfectly in my experience. I've used mine heavily and never a problem with any of them.

As for BBs, as stated above, only ever used Excels in mine with no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I had the same issue with my TM MP7 from day one, just would not feed bbs at all. I had 2x 50 round TM mags and the only bbs I used at the time were Excel .23s. I dropped it into eirsoft and it turned out that it was the TM mags that were at fault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Undertheseabass

i have the same problem with my tm mp7 except not only is it misfeeding on auto but semi too i have a standard tm 50rd then i bought two tm hicaps to solve the problem but it didn't. its making me think the mags aren't the solution any suggestions what should i do?

those mags where like 40 each :mad:

Use lovely BBs, is probably the answer. What type of BBs are you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I had the same problem with mine.

I bought the Mag long magazines and not only do they look gorgous, they look gorgous.

I find with mine the odd BB will roll out of the barell aswell. I usually get the mag fired 90% of the way, so to be honest I'm just beyond caring fixing it.

Quality piece, I dont know why everyone doesnt buy a Tm Mp7, they piss all over any other smg on the market.

Cant recommend the Mag mags enough, I picked up mine from ehobby, and a spare battery ( essential purchase) and it was a cheap enough order.

Try a good BB in them.

I was having horrible trouble with Crossfire BB's in all my guns, so I've lobbed them in the bin.

I'll only use bioval,G&G or excel ( as much as that around shilling) they are the only BB that has not given me jip.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭sliabh

TheDoc wrote: »
    Quality piece, I dont know why everyone doesnt buy a Tm Mp7, they piss all over any other smg on the market.

...because KSC have a GBB version now? :)

But until I can justify it, my TM one is the business.

Advertisement