Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

www.onlinedvdrentals.ie

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭alekito

I went with Screenclick. They are decent. www.onlinedvdrentals.ie or www.onlinedvdrentals.co.uk are just a scam. Take your money, give you nothing. Don't lie to people, we don't like it. They should be put out of business.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ronan11

hi lads,
    yea same experience as everyone else with onlinedvdrentals numerous emails and phonecalls promising sun moon and stars. got onto groupon today no problem with a refund. they didnt seem surprised i was looking for a refund from them

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭alekito

If onlinedvdrentals ever do a deal like this again then there will be enough people to stop it. They never had any intention to send out DVDs - they simply lied. They deserve to go under for stunts like this. Bunch of chancers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

I signed up to their so called "free trial" last night. I used my O2 money visa as my card details as I was going to cancel before the trial ended so they couldn't take money from me. Signed up to the free trial, checked my card statement, they tried to take €10.98 from my account. So much for a free trial! F**king sh*theads!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I e-mailed groupon asking for a refund.
    Still no dvds despite Chris promising that they would be sent out.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Well I got my refund no problem and my account is cancelled but guess what I got a dvd from them today.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ronan11

got an email from them a few days ago out of the blue with my code for the groupon offer! this after months of no contact! then got an email a few mins after that saying groupon informed them i had cancelled and to ignore the previous email! unbelievable

• Registered Users Posts: 24 0507

Here's a laugh for all those who have taken a dislike to the company. The manager that was mentioned above as being liable for a €2.2m shortfall that the court ordered him to pay some of wrote a novel some time ago. The plot is... erm... interesting given the nature of some recent comments on here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/One-Last-Time-Mark-Beggs/dp/1905809263
    "David Munroe is disillusioned with his career and his life as a whole. The death of his wife leaves him floundering and to fill the void he finds a new love. His new love is costing him a lot, so he begins to borrow money from his employers without their knowledge. On the verge of being caught and losing everything he holds dear in life, he has to find a way to repay the money in four weeks. The banks turn him down for a loan so he decides to take the money from the banks the hard way. With incredible ingenuity and disguise he keeps the police on the wrong track and is all set to carry out one last job to clear the slate. Susan Williams is thirty something; a newly promoted detective who wants to prove herself. Her first assignment as detective sets her and David Monroe on a cat and mouse chase. Susan is closing in on David but she is in for the greatest shock of her life. Can she survive this rollercoaster ride of emotions and still do her job with a clear conscience. "

The customer reviews are suggestive too. Seems to have gone down well.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

That's enough, please PM me if this thread needs to be reopened

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement