Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone recommend a letting agent?

Options
  • 30-07-2009 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

I`m looking to rent out an apartment and was wondering if anyone could recommend a letting agent? The apartment is in Swords Co.Dublin. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 lightroom

Try Residential First Property Management, it's company runs by a woman called Mary, she runs it with her own daughter. Very nice person as well as efficient and responsible, I was her tenant. She took care of everything whenever the place had a problem. Here's the number: 0868165012, no harm to give it a goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭superbad50

do it yourself , get a solicitor to draw up a contract , nothing much more to doing the rest , i did last year and saved a few quid

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I would never, ever use a letting agent if I had a property to rent out. I've rented a fair few properties in Dublin and I literally can't think of ONE letting agent I didn't have serious problems with.

At the end of the day you're just paying for them to show people round your flat, check references (and most of them DON'T CHECK) and collect your rent. They don't have any more legal rights than you if the tenants cause problems.

If you're leaving the country and have no family and friends to keep an eye on the property then use a letting agent.. i.e. when you have no other choice!

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭beetlebailey

Thanks for the advice.
    Would rather avoid them if i could but....
    I advertised it on daft last year and got plenty of intrest so i managed to let let it out myself.
    Done the same thing this time around, its been 3wks now and not a dickie bird!
    So feeling the pressure hence the reason i`m looking at letting agents.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Done the same thing this time around, its been 3wks now and not a dickie bird!

But why do you think an EA would be able to get the place rented out faster? If anything, I'd say that an EA would be more likely to damage your chances of renting the place quickly - the vast majority of ones I've dealt with can't even be ar**d to return calls, even in the current situation.

• Advertisement
Advertisement