Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fotosense - yay or nay ?

• 30-07-2009 3:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭

Anyone used these guys in the UK ? Are they any good? They have the best price on what I want to get

http://www.fotosense.co.uk

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Link?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭xshayx

Got a tripod and memory of them in May. Just ordered a bunch of stuff yesterday....late. while tired. on impulse!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

xshayx wrote: »
    Got a tripod and memory of them in May. Just ordered a bunch of stuff yesterday....late. while tired. on impulse!!

did the stuff arrive on time, any issues etc ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

bought memory and filters from them and a bag I say yay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭DotOrg

give them a ring, ask them a few tichnical questions, see how well they respond, it's usually a good indicator

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

They rang me actually to ask i I was ok with the price of the postage which gets a thumbs up from me.

DotOrg wrote: »
    give them a ring, ask them a few tichnical questions, see how well they respond, it's usually a good indicator

I'd be afraid I wouldn't know the answers myself :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Crispin

NAY! Had real probs with them!!

Crispin wrote: »
    NAY! Had real probs with them!!
    do tell...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Crispin

do tell...

Lied to on 3 separate occasions.
    Firstly, I was told a lens was in stock,
    Second, I rang up to check order had gone through, they told me yes and item had been sent.
    thirdly: lens didn't arrive, so i rang up again, oh yes it didn't get sent because it isn't in stock. It will be in stock in the next few days.
    In the end it turned out sigma UK didn't even have the lens in stock so they weren't expecting any in stock for weeks.
    I asked for my money back! I eventually got one from Dennis mcsweeney in cork! Brilliant service and he picked one up from sigma in bandon the next day!

• Advertisement

so I ordered my stuff on Monday (Lastolite Hilite, train and lights) and they all arrived yesterday. The price, 780 euros, was at least 100 euros cheaper than the next cheapest place, warehouseexpress and ridiculously cheaper that anywhere locally. I must admit that I was slightly apprehensive about ordering there and their communications weren't the best, but 2-day delivery for 3 large boxes for 15 euros is not to be sneezed at

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭kgpixels

Check that all your need is in stock first. I was waiting over a month on a flash mount bubble level. . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Ordered from them about a year and a half ago... no complaints really, but at the time when I googled them there were lots of complaints about things not being in stock which is still the case it looks like. In my case I was waiting a week for the camera I wanted to come back in but for the price I paid (£219 shipped for a camera retailing in Irish bricks and mortar shops at around €500) I was more than happy to wait that long- a month or longer would have annoyed me.

I enquired at the time about shipping- I was told it would be £5 initially and that they would request another £5 after the order had been processed for extra shipping to Ireland. They never requested the extra shipping money.

Essentially- I was VERY happy with the price I paid, and once it was shipped it got here very quickly. I didn't care about waiting for it to come back into stock at the time but it's probably worth checking if the item is in stock, as this seems to be an issue with them.

Advertisement