Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cooking with Prawns

Options
  • 30-07-2009 3:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I have a bag of King Prawns (Raw), that I want to eat for dinner tonight, Does anyone have any nice recipe suggestions for prawns ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Keith in cork

A thai green curry, with the prawns, steamed rice and tatziki!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

I have a bag of King Prawns (Raw), that I want to eat for dinner tonight, Does anyone have any nice recipe suggestions for prawns ?

Curry, nyommm.:)

The last time I had big prawns, I just cooked them with chopped garlic and a squeeze of lemon, with a green side salad.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Oooo

Right:

Cook the prawns in a pan, with a mixture of oil, melted butter, garlic and chili - flip em and flash fry them until pink but not rubbery, then toss the whole lot, buttery oil included, through a bowl of cooked spaghetti. Add some herbs if you like - chopped fresh parsley or chopped fresh coriander. Scarf.

Stir fry the prawns in a pad thai style, in garlic and oil, with some fish sauce, ketjap manus (sweet soy sauce) and fish sauce. Add cooked rice noodles, bean sprouts and some sliced spring onion. Squeeze lime juice over. Scarf.

Make a quick fish pie - blanch the prawns in some fish stock with a little vermouth. Remove the prawns with a slotted spoon and place in a buttered dish. Use the fish stock to make a white sauce with some flour and butter. Add chopped parsley and cream. Cover the blanched prawns with the parsley sauce. Top with mashed spuds and grated cheese. Bake for maybe 20 mins (usually you give these pies a lot longer, but you don't need to if everything is cooked) and then brown the cheese on the top under the grill.

Skewer the prawns on barbecue skewers and sear on a griddle, serve with a green salad and dipping sauces of your choice (chili, soy and garlic, peanut sate).

There's lots n lots of options... those are just a few!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

peel them raw, cook them in butter garlic and chillies. serve with a salad or vegetable stir fry

Advertisement