Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco - Big Al's Burgers

Options
  • 30-07-2009 3:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Has anyone noticed that Tesco have placed a white sticker over the marked price of € 4.99 on the Big Al's Burgers - they are charging € 5.29.
    When i asked to speak to a manager, it was explained that it was Big Al's fault and they have priced them incorrectly ??
    But everywhere else i have looked they are priced at € 4.99.

Are Tesco perfectly entitled to do this ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Tesco can charge 15e if they want, nothing illegal about it as long as its displayed.

If you don't like it your best bet is shop else where

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Must be part of Tesco's "change for good" campaign. They'll keep your change, for good.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

In stores with change for good these burgers are €3.69. ( Big alsxxl burgers 454g)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    In stores with change for good these burgers are €3.69. ( Big alsxxl burgers 454g)

Meh big als suck anyway. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Meh big als suck anyway. :(

Agreed, could get 6 big round steak burgers in my local butchers for the same price , without all the lovely grease that comes off the boxed ones :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,161 ✭✭✭rameire

just make your own.
    500g mince or beef and mince yourself.
    1-2 slices of bread,made into bread crumbs (extra bread to make more ) white or brown ( yourchoice )
    1 medium egg
    1 desert spoon of tomato catsup
    a small dollop of tomato paste ( not required )
    herbs, salt and pepper to flavour

mix together in a large bowl, and then make patties ( burgers to your requirements)
    engredients also make meatballs.

place in fridge for an hour and then use.
    or freeze.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

fizzgig wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed that Tesco have placed a white sticker over the marked price of € 4.99 on the Big Al's Burgers - they are charging € 5.29.
    When i asked to speak to a manager, it was explained that it was Big Al's fault and they have priced them incorrectly ??
    But everywhere else i have looked they are priced at € 4.99.

report this to the company...they will be interested to know about it (although it'll prob mean they increase to match tescos prices!!) :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Nah, as long as Tesco are shipping volume (and they will, no matter what the price), Big Al's won't mind what they charge. It's not as if they're going to threaten Tesco with termination of supply, or anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭tallaghtfornia

Picked up a packet of Big Als chicken Burgers the the other half had got a while ago and I read the following on the packet

MADE IN IRELAND

FROM CHICKEN SOURCED FROM EU APPROVED FACILITY IN THAILAND

Fecked them in the bin never bought them again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Why? Something against Thailand?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

Not against Tailand id say but more against battery raised chickens in poor quality.

I dont buy in Tesco anymore they are way too expensive i use my butcher for my meat as all the meat comes from farms within a 2 mile radius. All my fruit and veg comes from the local fruit and veg supplier again its all local and i save an absolute fortune and its all food of the highest quality.

Whaty ever little bits and bobs i need outside that then ill get in ALDI.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,680 ✭✭✭Trampas

Not against Tailand id say but more against battery raised chickens in poor quality.

So you visited the place in Thailand to see it was poor.

Back on topic OP they can do what they want. Tesco's have to make their money back in other products that they have reduced to get you shopping in there. All shops do it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

fizzgig wrote: »
    Yes. End of.

Advertisement