Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a Phone in the North

• 30-07-2009 3:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hi

I was wondering does anyone know if its possible to buy an ordinary ready to go phone in the north and to use it in the Republic with your usual sim?

I was just in a carphone warehouse the other day and they have a much better selection of phones.

I have heard before that its possible with an O2 sim. Does anyone know if it can be done with an Irish vodafone sim. Will the phone accept it?

Thanks...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

You'll need to get it unlocked first. O2 uk probably won't want to give you the code so you'll have to bring it to an unlocking shop. Might cost €10-20 euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭lolly.o

Where would I find an unlocking shop?

Or is there any way of getting the unlocking codes online?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

A lot of phones do come unlocked from the north so it wouldn't be a problem, worse case scenario you have to pay a score like he lads said.

• Advertisement
Advertisement