Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limericks 'Sexiest' men

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

I'm beginning to see why you had to move to Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

panda100 wrote: »
    Is there any hope for women in the treaty city?!

Nope,all us sexy feckers are taken

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

That link appears to be broken.

But for a start who could take an article seriously who asks Celia Holman Lee to decide, she should stick to posing for the After Hours photo section of the Limerick Post.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

There was a guy in the Limerick post two weeks back(3 weeks maybe) that I went to school with who was in the final 50.

He is hardly anything much to look at and I text a friend about it and his reply was

"There is hope for us all" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Berty wrote: »
    There was a guy in the Limerick post two weeks back(3 weeks maybe) that I went to school with who was in the final 50.

He is hardly anything much to look at and I text a friend about it and his reply was

"There is hope for us all" :D

Apart from Stephen Lucey and a few Munster rugby players the list consists of overweight,bald, ageing, wealthy married men. I think its less to do with sex appeal and more to do with status. Wouldn't expect anything less from Celia Holman lee. I saw her going into Boots last Christmas and she had what looked liked a dead fox on her head. Why oh why do the Limerick papers give her so much attention!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

I'll hazard a guess and say that it is because we live in a glorified village where it doesn't take much to be considered "somebody".

Still I'd rather have the likes of her make the papers on behalf of Limerick than the usual shower of scum.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Paul Hogan :D

Paul Hogan :D

Now, now, weren't you ever told not to repeat rumours?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

panda100 wrote: »
    Willie O'Dea is Limericks 24th sexiest man?! Is there any hope for women in the treaty city?!

I was originally meant to be number 24 - but Willie did his own bargaining and robbed my place :mad:

makemyday.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Now, now, weren't you ever told not to repeat rumours?

Paul hogan is on the list .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

What would Celia know, she's probably filled the list with some of her male friends/acquaintances and people from the fashion/beauty sector. Willie at 24 though.... next he'll be Heat's Torso of the Week if this carries on;)

Pity there are no pics of these fine things, I'm afraid I don't recognise a few names in that list :)

Paul hogan is on the list .

That's not the rumour I meant, or the the joke Henry meant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

lets not throw stones at willie o dea here now people. The care that goes into maintaining arguably the greatest moustache this side of Tom Selleck is enough to warrant his spot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I thought they would have just filled the top 10 with 10 rugby players, battered faces or not, which would sum up this town.

On a side not, how come every week in the Limk papers we have pics of celia holman lee, fiona doyle and the greatest hairdresser in the world, niall colgan. who the f**k are these people???!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

seachto7 wrote: »

On a side not, how come every week in the Limk papers we have pics of celia holman lee, fiona doyle and the greatest hairdresser in the world, niall colgan. who the f**k are these people???!! :mad:

while personally the "in" crowd disgust me in general (especially Holman Lee) but the 3 mentioned people at least give positive publicity to the city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

fair enough , but there's more to Limerick than f**king "socialites".

The 50 sexiest men is more or less a collection of those who have appeared on the out and about pages over the last year...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

ya in fairness, im a straight male and I can honestly there is 50 better looking lads in limerick than that 50. If im wrong Ive completely misjudged a limerick womans taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

As The Hold Steady sang -
    "Guys go for looks, girls go for status"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goingpostal

I am the sexiest man in Limerick, so I am.
    My magic mirror told me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

That list is laughable tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

That Michelle Mcmahon is such a bimbo wannabe social climber kissing hole with the people her and celia picked

That Michelle Mcmahon is such a bimbo wannabe social climber kissing hole with the people her and celia picked

Too right she is. I am SICK of that michelle mcmahon.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

Celia Holman Lee.. what a douche

The fact that me and my sexy bod wasn't included in this competition says all that needs to be said about the validity and credibility of this contest. How could they overlook His Royal Sexiness (me)? Its a conspiracy I tells ye, a dirty conspiracy.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

That list is hilarious. So few of the men are even remotely good looking. Surely it would have made sense to list a few of the good looking and well known men. And then scout out the bars and streets looking for actually good looking men and ask if they would like to be considered for the list. Then they could put together a list of 50 actually sexy men which wouldn't make a laughing stock of the city.

I can only imagine what my (Dublin) husband would say about why I had to look further afield for a man if he sees this list.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

iguana wrote: »
    which wouldn't make a laughing stock of the city.

Thats exactly it, i dont know how many times i heard it in on several national radios yesterday with Willie O'Dea being given 24th spot!

Limericks second sexiest man

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Limericks second sexiest man

Fess up - thats really you :D

Fess up - thats really you :D

We need a stewards enquiry. Is it possible for me to be the sexiest man in Limerick and the second sexiest man in Limerick at the same time? My sexiness is of such magnitude that i believe it has abrogated the laws of physics and biology.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭parkerpen

If Willie O'Dea made it, there's hope for us all. Mind you his comments about it when interviewed were refreshing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement