Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC HERO OR N97 OR ALTERNATIVE? RECOMMENDATIONS PLEASE

• 30-07-2009 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭

Hey guys, I currently have an INQ1 and like the whole integaration of facebook on it.

I am looking to get another handset though with a greater feature set. Looking at the HTC Hero and Nokia N97.

I am on three contract at the moment and would like to stay with them, i want facebook integration as per the INQ1 and if possible Integrated Bebo, Twitter, MSN messenger etc too.

Also, as i will probably have to buy sim free, the handset needs to work properly with three network / easy to set up.

So which handset should i buy? The HTC Hero, The N97 or is there something else that would suit my needs better?

Advice please guys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭GeneticDeviant

ps. i don't want an iphone lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

The nokia might a little easier on settings for 3. 3 are releasing the n97 themselves so you could get it from them if you wanted to save a cash, downside is its one of their phones :P

does the n97 have integrated facebook, twitter, messenger etc as per the INQ1

does the n97 have integrated facebook, twitter, messenger etc as per the INQ1

Facebook app is working out the box, then other options for using twitter, and you will able to use messenger.

how do u find the n97? how does it compare to the hero? the hero UI looks a lot nicer tha the N97's from the vids and pics i have seen.

• Advertisement

how do u find the n97? how does it compare to the hero? the hero UI looks a lot nicer tha the N97's from the vids and pics i have seen.

Im very happy with the n97. Its definitely a step up from the n95. Have you had a look at the n97 thread? link

I cant speak for the hero, i haven't had hands on experience of it. Maybe consider what else you want apart from the facebook and twitter and see would that help you decide.

did see that thread, stil undecided on which handset to go for

ok well im on three so want it to be on same network,

i want to be able to use the free msn messenger, skype, etc.

I want to be able to browse the net easily and quickly.

I want to use and view facebook, twitter, bebo, myspace easily (if integrated as per facebook on INQ1 that would be great)

I want to be able to use MP3's as ringtones.

I want to use RSS Reader.

I want to be abe to sync my gmail and hotmail accounts into the email app on it.

Hope that helps.

heard some negative reports on the keyboard and touch screen. What is your opinion on these?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

ok well im on three so want it to be on same network,

i want to be able to use the free msn messenger, skype, etc.

I want to be able to browse the net easily and quickly.

I want to use and view facebook, twitter, bebo, myspace easily (if integrated as per facebook on INQ1 that would be great)

I want to be able to use MP3's as ringtones.

I want to use RSS Reader.

I want to be abe to sync my gmail and hotmail accounts into the email app on it.

Hope that helps.

For these youd have to have a 3 branded handset and I doubt the Hero will be picked up by 3.

Looking at everything id say the n97 is your best bet

• Advertisement

will any nokia n97 locked to three do? if i got one from say UK locked to three uk will that work here on three ireland? and will i still be able to use free skype, msn messenger etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

will any nokia n97 locked to three do? if i got one from say UK locked to three uk will that work here on three ireland? and will i still be able to use free skype, msn messenger etc?

Nope.Youd need one for 3 ireland

I am right in thinking that the n97 does have WIFI yes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I am right in thinking that the n97 does have WIFI yes?

Yes.

guys need a definitive answer here please (heard conflicting answers).

I am on three ireland Pay monthly, i want to get N97. Some people say i can get one sim free and if i download msn, skype etc for the n97 from planet 3 it will work fine (be able to use free of charge), other people have said i need a three branded n97 to use msn and skype free (can be from ireland or UK), and some people say i must buy a three ireland branded n97 for msn and skype to work free of charge.

Whats the definitive answer guys?

Advertisement