Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm 32 am I to Old for Oz/NZ

Options
  • 30-07-2009 4:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭

Hello Im 32 and have always wanted to do the Oz/NZ visa,

Am I to old? Has the ship sailed.......

I can handle the truth!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,996 ✭✭✭DenMan

You must be having a laugh!!! Of course not. It's never too late. What skills can you bring to the table is what they will ask. Go for it man.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

Go for it!! You only live once! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

I think he means is he over the age limit. Yes unfortunately I think you are for a WHV.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭dublinhead

I think the age limit is 30 for that visa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭The Paws

There is no age limits if you want go to OZ/NZ etc!!
    However I think there is certain age range for cheaper visa for those who are under 30-31???. but I might be totally way off - do check....and let us know!!!

Just like what DenMan said above..go for it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Ichiro

Yes it was the visa's!

The Job I have I don't think would get me over there, is it not all trades they are looking for!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

i dont know about oz/nz for the whv, but as far as i know canada's whv is up to 35.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Age limit for a 417 WHV is before 31st Birthday

Age limit on a 4 Year 457 is 60 (I think)

Age limit on Permanent Visa is 45.

Check out this website for some good info

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

yeah, you can go there on holidays, but you can't work, so you'll want to take a boatload of cash with you if you go.

i went on a holiday visa when i was 18 because i didn't have the cash for a working visa and figured i could just work cashin hand there to get by, but it was a lot harder to find a job with no working visa and i ended up coming home after a month. totally wasted opportunity. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

Yes if you where an Eskimo they would have pushed you off on a chunk of ice by now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭aiecquest

There is a solution, like Central Europeans do who are not eligible for WHVs.... Economic priced study is open to all ages and student visa gives work rights during term, and full time during vacation :)

Advertisement