Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Unusual problem accessing a website...can anyone help?

• 30-07-2009 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭

I am having a very odd problem accessing a website. I am overseas at the moment and the apartment in which I live has plug in broadband and wireless, two separate accounts with the same provider. My problem is that when I use the plug in broadband I can access the particular site no problem but when I use the wireless I cannot access it at all. I have no idea at all what is going on. Have no problem with any other website and it isn't a blocked message I am getting, just the type you get when the website is down, even when I know it's not. Any ideas???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭RLJ

Cateym wrote: »
    I am having a very odd problem accessing a website. I am overseas at the moment and the apartment in which I live has plug in broadband and wireless, two separate accounts with the same provider. My problem is that when I use the plug in broadband I can access the particular site no problem but when I use the wireless I cannot access it at all. I have no idea at all what is going on. Have no problem with any other website and it isn't a blocked message I am getting, just the type you get when the website is down, even when I know it's not. Any ideas???
    firewall? Are you using 2 different computers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭ttm

Need more info 2 accounts?

Sounds DNS related, add the site name and its IP to your hosts file and try again with the wireless - if that works DNS.

but before that

Ping the site name does it resolve to an IP address?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭daveyboy_1ie

What is the exact message being displayed when you cannot access the site? As has been already pointed out, are you using seperate PC's?

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Cateym

Using the same computer when accessing sites. Just a different method of internet access. TTM I'm not a techie so have no idea what your message means. Sorry. The error message that shows up reads as follows:

Connection Interrupted
    The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.
    The network link was interrupted while negotiating a connection. Please try again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭ttm

From the error msg you are connecting to the site (So not a DNS issue) but it looks like you are loosing the connection possibly to the wireless connection?

Whats the signal strength like on the Wireless and how far away is the wireless router anything between it and the PC?

First thing I think I'd do is take a look for any new wireless drivers for your system and install them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Cateym

Thanks for getting back to me ttm. I am less than a meter away from the wireless router and my laptop is relatively new. I've never had any issues with accessing any sites before.

Advertisement