Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Car got Keyed - How to fix?

• 30-07-2009 4:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

Ok so i emerged from my house this morning to find that some little scumbag keyed my passenger side door and front wing. One continuous scratch. Is there anyway of fixing this mark with out respraying the whole side?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭Heroditas

How deep is the scratch? Can you post a picture?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Ok so i emerged from my house this morning to find that some little scumbag keyed my passenger side door and front wing. One continuous scratch. Is there anyway of fixing this mark with out respraying the whole side?

Depends on how deep it is, tcutt might get it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭bandybanter

Can't post a pic. it feels about 1-2mm deep. I don't think it too deep but its very unsightly just this white scratch along the passenger side. T-cutt?
    Wher can I get it and how much should it cost?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭blue42

if its gone as deep as the primer,Tcut wont work!

blue42 wrote: »
    if its gone as deep as the primer,Tcut wont work!

Excuse my ignorance but how do i know if it has gone as deep as the primer?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭AlienGav

Excuse my ignorance but how do i know if it has gone as deep as the primer?

You should be able to feel it with your fingernail... the primer is usually a white chalky textured paint...

Absolute scumbags bandy! What type of car was it?
    Happened to me one morning, someone keyed my car and slashed my tyres when I was living on a main road in Dublin... Your car never quite feels the same when it happens.

Why would someone want to do that?!

Crap I think it might have gone as far as the primer, I goin out to check it now! Fcukin scumbags, its only a wee ibiza. Had the someone sit on bonnet last week and leave a dent in it and a few months ago some scummer smashed window to steal a jacket!

Op here

Just checked the scratch don't think it went as far as primer. So where would i get T-cutt and how to I fix it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

T-cut will be in any car shop. Its a polish. It;ll only work if its the clear coat on top of the paint that is scratched. It the paint itself is scratched it wont do anything. Worth a go anyway. Put some on a cloth and give it a good hard rub, then buff it off with a soft cloth.

If it doesnt work the only way to get it perfect is to get the panel resprayed (3-400 quid depending on the size and which problem). There are places that will just repair the scratch. Wont be perfect but a hell of a lot cheaper.

Advertisement