Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ufc on espn - its official

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Just saw my TV Guide. It is 417 and Espn US is now 430. It is a pay channel. I pressed it and the blue window advising us to call our cable provider to subscribe to the channel message came up.

I don't think I'll subscribe to it. My bill is high enough and I'm not going to pay 15 euros for a channel that I will hardly ever watch [unless there is other great stuff on it]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Shame Setanta Ireland couldn't get the Irish rights .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Just had a look at the UPC site there, still no mention of an ESPN package.
    Not looking good for NTL subscribers for the weekend :/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,339 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Seifer wrote: »
    Just had a look at the UPC site there, still no mention of an ESPN package.
    Not looking good for NTL subscribers for the weekend :/

Heard that UPC/NTL will definitely be carrying ESPN but they are probably more concerned with having it available before the start of the Premier League season rather than by this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭bret69

Heard that UPC/NTL will definitely be carrying ESPN but they are probably more concerned with having it available before the start of the Premier League season rather than by this weekend.

When I called the lady said "yes we'll be getting it but not sure when. probably in a month"

So yeah probably for the start of the premiership season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Can't remember if it's posted, but ESPN have also picked up the rights to TUF.

Already subscribed. E12 is dirt for two PPVs this month...much less all the extra football. And I suspect that's just a start for them.

Can't wait for Saturday! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

leggo wrote: »
    Can't remember if it's posted, but ESPN have also picked up the rights to TUF.

Already subscribed. E12 is dirt for two PPVs this month...much less all the extra football. And I suspect that's just a start for them.

Can't wait for Saturday! :D

Is that E12 confirmed? or will it go up once the Prem starts?

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭bret69

SO disappointing!

Anybody fancy hosting a UFC party this saturday for me and a couple of other members?!

I'll gladly return the favor if UPC pick up ESPN!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 tomagetti

just spoke to someone at ntl and she said that espn should be making an announcment today on the espn.co.uk website. she also said that nobody in ireland can get the chanel even on sky so dont know how true it is.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Hmm... looks like I'm stuck to watching ****ty streams this weekend :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

tomagetti wrote: »
    she also said that nobody in ireland can get the chanel even on sky so dont know how true it is.....

She is full of **** if she said that. Sky customers can get ESPN in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

Ah ffs, im not gonna be able to watch it so. Ive all the channels on ntl, all the sky sports, virgin 1 etc, wouldnt mind only i got it for the UFC. Wonder when itl be on NTL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Hah, any chance of a back door saviour deal with Setanta Ireland for the NTL customers on Saturday then ? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Alan Rouge wrote: »
    Hah, any chance of a back door saviour deal with Setanta Ireland for the NTL customers on Saturday then ? :p

Not a chance :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Anyone read the show description on the EPG:
    Direct from America, ESPN is proud to present live coverage of the Ultimate Fighting Championship. Imagine watching a furious boxing bout, but with the volume turned up to 11...

SpinalTap_Edith_503.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Maynard

Why don't they just make 10 a little louder:confused::pac:

Ye it sucks that, in my situation, I now have all the Sky Sports channels, the Setanta Package and ESPN Classic (or whatever it's called) and have to pay extra to get this on top. My current living situation doesn't allow me to alter the bills of the house I'm in so I'm stuck until at least September with no UFC events by the looks of things...

WEAK SAUCE:(

Advertisement