Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Diesel Car for under 1K and do I get money for scrapping my old golf?

• 30-07-2009 5:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭

Hi Lads,

So I've been in Melbourne for the last year or so and now I'm back in need of a CHEAP car (no job as of yet) my golf kinda exploded before I left, one of the cylinders disintegrated into the engine or something? Anyways what I'm looking for is to get about 10K for scrapping that and a nice 08 BMW 3 series for about 1k? In reality though will I get anything for scrapping the golf (in cork) and am I being realistic looking for a reliable diesel for under 1000? Any advice appreciated lads.

Thanks
    Gary

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Is this a stitch up or what?
    • 10k scrappage for an old Golf.
    • The Golf plus 1k for a 08 BMW 3 Series.
    I think you might have been down under for a bit too long, you have your figures seriously mixed up. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭randombar

bazz26 wrote: »
    Is this a stitch up or what?
    • 10k scrappage for an old Golf.
    • The Golf plus 1k for a 08 BMW 3 Series.
    I think you might have been down under for a bit too long, you have your figures seriously mixed up. :D

My dream world that would be the case but maybe not so much in reality unfortunately :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

You'll get nothing for scrapping the Golf. It's certainly possible to find a reliable diesel for under €1000, but you'll need patience and a good knowledge of cars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭randombar

Thought as much about the golf, have plenty of time to look around for the cars it's just I wouldnt have the great knowledge. I was thinking a peugot of some sort, heard they were the best diesels you can get, or else something german. Any good sites out there, have checked carzone and autotrader (which looks very like carzone!)

Advertisement