Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cork City to play Celtic - CLUB IS SAVED (Maybe)

13»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Just back from the Cross, savage atmosphere in the Shed , aided by the ten or so flares set off during the course of the game. 3000 fans paid in, which is fantastic given how ****ty the weather was. The Sun, yes the sun given it was raining non stop in cork since 7a.m. , appeared seconds before we got a spotter for the only goal in the game, a sign perhaps? only time will tell, Shamo for City !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Well done Cork, but i wonder why the Tax people were especially severe in your case, ?:confused: Coughlan perhaps?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

So lads, if this money is paid by Wednesday or whatever, will Cork City still be relegated or will they be let be?:confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

If we pay up I think we might be left alone, as we played all the games, paid the players-eventually, not sure if we actually broke any FAI rules, not sure though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Just back from the Cross, savage atmosphere in the Shed , aided by the ten or so flares set off during the course of the game. 3000 fans paid in, which is fantastic given how ****ty the weather was. The Sun, yes the sun given it was raining non stop in cork since 7a.m. , appeared seconds before we got a spotter for the only goal in the game, a sign perhaps? only time will tell, Shamo for City !!
    Fines for the flares?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Pure Cork

fullstop wrote: »
    Fines for the flares?
    I hope so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    If we pay up I think we might be left alone, as we played all the games, paid the players-eventually, not sure if we actually broke any FAI rules, not sure though.

I'd say we probably broke some of the licencing rules. Could see us relegated at the end of the season. At least if we do Coughlan might leave doubt he'll want to be involved then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭CianDon

The people of Cork have to come out and support our club. There's no point people moaning about Tommy No Bobs when noboddy wants to come to the Cross on a Friday Night. I stood around in the rain on Friday for 3 hours along with other City fans to drum up intrest in the match that night. After everything in the news and the papers over the week and all the publicity and column inches the club got only 3,055 turn up. Shocking. Those who were there got to see the the true dedication and support of us in the shed. Hopefully we'll take a big crowd to Bohs on Friday.
    I'm 15 years of age and I get laughed at in school when I say my favourite team is City rather than Man United, Liverpool or some other club bases hundreds of miles away. I'm proud of my small local team and so should everyone in Cork. It's our time to Save our Club.
    City Til I Die,
    CianDon

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

CianDon wrote: »
    The people of Cork have to come out and support our club. There's no point people moaning about Tommy No Bobs when noboddy wants to come to the Cross on a Friday Night. I stood around in the rain on Friday for 3 hours along with other City fans to drum up intrest in the match that night. After everything in the news and the papers over the week and all the publicity and column inches the club got only 3,055 turn up. Shocking. Those who were there got to see the the true dedication and support of us in the shed. Hopefully we'll take a big crowd to Bohs on Friday.
    I'm 15 years of age and I get laughed at in school when I say my favourite team is City rather than Man United, Liverpool or some other club bases hundreds of miles away. I'm proud of my small local team and so should everyone in Cork. It's our time to Save our Club.
    City Til I Die,
    CianDon

Do you not support a team in the premier league or anything? A lot of folk support a LoI team and the likes PLUS a bigger team like Man Utd. Sounds like your class mates are the idiots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Club Statement Wednesday August 5th 2009

CORK CITY FC is pleased to confirm that, as per the commitment made in the High Court on Friday last, it has settled its outstanding tax liability with the revenue commissioners in full.

The club will issue a more detailed statement in due course.

from www.corkcityfc.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Now it's a case of paying the players and staff their owed wages.

Rumours now that Tom has either sold the club or sold a shareholding in the club....maybe the more detailed statement will tell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Hard Worker

Now it's a case of paying the players and staff their owed wages.

Plus a huge legal bill.

Why would it be huge?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,412 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Why would it be huge?

This is Ireland and a day out in the High court is not a cheap thing.
    As a matter of fact its outrageously expensive.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,175 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Who do you think paid the money?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Joe Gamble has stated that he doesn't expect to be at the club for much longer.

http://www.examiner.ie/breakingnews/sport/gamble-next-to-move-from-city-421785.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Erra, clubs are always looking at Gamble. Top class player. No surprise that he will go. A player of his calibre deserves to be at least paid every week/month.

I will hate losing him more than anyone else since Doyler, but cannot argue the reasons behind it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

anyone heard anything else about this game against Celtic ???

all I've heard is whats been on the City website..... ticket stubs from Bray game will be used to purchase celtic tickets.

• Advertisement
Advertisement