Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet Providers in carlow town

Options
  • 30-07-2009 6:10pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭

who's the best in the opinion of carlow boardsies? was looking at chorus, but for some reason they can't give us phone or internet in the apt block we're moving into so now we're left dangling in the wind. Leaning towards magnet myself, but you all presumably live in carlow and have internet so I thought I'd ask here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

I'm with Chorus and I find it very decent.
    If you're getting a landline then price Irishbroadband DSL. They use the same infrastructure as eircom but they're somehow cheaper.... go figure.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Perlico is pretty decent. A mate of mine has it and he suffers no contention issues at all. They offer a great package

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

We recently moved into Castle Oaks, I rang three or four different companies looking for broadband.
    All of them said we have great signal in Carlow because we have a mast on Mt Leinster, but then when I gave them my full address they said no sorry we don't serve that area.

I ended up getting mobile broadband, because I'm a glutton for punishment.

But got a call from chorus about a month ago to say they are now in the estate. Know a few people on different sides of the town who use chorus and find it very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭leincar

I'm living just beyond Ballon and moved from Eircom to BT as Eircom broadband kept dropping. I moved to BT in February and its never dropped.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭lotdpd

i use digiweb myself..... cant fault it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

i'm with utv, and apart from a recent outage for a day, was the 1st in over a year, i find them really good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭shaymousse

Im with eircom. Am thinking of changing to NTL, eircom is costing me over €50 a month and am looking for something a bit cheaper. I have Digital TV with Ntl so am thinking of getting the phone with them as well. Anyone know if its any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

shaymousse wrote: »
    Im with eircom. Am thinking of changing to NTL, eircom is costing me over €50 a month and am looking for something a bit cheaper. I have Digital TV with Ntl so am thinking of getting the phone with them as well. Anyone know if its any good?

as I said above, I'm with Chorus NTL and I find it pretty decent. I've Digital TV and 7Mb broadband. No phone though. No need for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

I too would suggest Chorus, I have it and find it is great, never had any issues with it what so ever..

Also I wouldn’t believe the Limerick call centre when they say its not available in you area. they still say its not in my area and I have it. You need to try get in contact with ICL Carlow. thats what I did and they had me connected a week later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Thanks Tombull82,

I went with super slow mobile "broadband" in the end...it shld come with a health warning tho...I swear it's giving me high blood pressure!

• Advertisement
Advertisement