Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dawkins latest videos on YouTube

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Tyler MacDurden

Very nature orientated, and far away from this anti-religious stuff. I must say he would make a good replacement for Attenborough, they seem to share the same gentle style of narration.

Great series of videos indeed, I've subscribed to the RD.net channel since they started doing them. I think this is Dawkins in his natural habitat, and not a hint of stridency. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I must say he would make a good replacement for Attenborough, they seem to share the same gentle style of narration.

There will be no replacing Attenborough, not ever!
    We should record him saying every word in the english language so he can 'narrate' from beyond the grave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Húrin

That was great to see the other side of Dawkins! Fascinating example too, and eloquent presentation of several pieces of historical evidence in just two minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

Húrin wrote: »
    That was great to see the other side of Dawkins! Fascinating example too, and eloquent presentation of several pieces of historical evidence in just two minutes.

Dawkins' popularisation of atheism is the other side of Dawkins. My sister gave me his 'Selfish Gene' book about 10 years ago. Pure genius; he makes difficult stuff become almost obvious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Daftendirekt

dvpower wrote: »
    Dawkins' popularisation of atheism is the other side of Dawkins. My sister gave me his 'Selfish Gene' book about 10 years ago. Pure genius; he makes difficult stuff become almost obvious.

Incredible book; I never looked at the world in the same way again after reading it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

Very nature orientated, and far away from this anti-religious stuff. I must say he would make a good replacement for Attenborough, they seem to share the same gentle style of narration.

http://www.youtube.com/user/richarddawkinsdotnet

It is anti-religious; just quite gently so - as is his style.
    He comes across much more gently in person as he does in text; but maybe that's just the way I read!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Quite enjoyed that series. And according to a different Dawkins video he has another book all about the evidence for evolution coming out in a month!

whee!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Zillah wrote: »
    And according to a different Dawkins video he has another book all about the evidence for evolution coming out in a month!
    Someone's not been reading all their A&A threads!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Húrin

It is anti-religious; just quite gently so - as is his style.

It's anti-young earth creationist. Not the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

He comes across much more gently in person as he does in text; but maybe that's just the way I read!

Same with me. I read the God Delusion before seeing/hearing him in video/audio form and taught he'd be much louder/more aggressive. I was very surprised to see how laid back and quiet he comes across as in real life.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

Húrin wrote: »
    It's anti-young earth creationist. Not the same thing.

Science is anti-young earth creationist, by default.

Advertisement