Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Engine overheating on Kawaski Z65?

• 30-07-2009 6:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭

Hi lads, just posting this on behalf of a friend who has a problem with his bike.

His bike is a Kawaski Z65 from 1982. It's an H2 Model. The lower engine is overheating on him. The bike was crashed once, but there was no apparent damage to that area and nothing has been replaced in that area.

Does anyone with experience know what the problem might be? We would appreciate any help. Thanks!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

silly question, it has enough water?

Other than that, possibly a dodgy thermostat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

Yeah, has enough water alright. Sorry if it's a silly, over-asked question. I said I'd find out for him about it, but had some trouble finding good websites with decent information :/

EDIT: Actually just spoke with friend. No water on it or thermostat, it's air-cooled.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

CCCP^ wrote: »
    Yeah, has enough water alright. Sorry if it's a silly, over-asked question. I said I'd find out for him about it, but had some trouble finding good websites with decent information :/

EDIT: Actually just spoke with friend. No water on it or thermostat, it's air-cooled.

:D I meant me asking if it had enough water might be a silly question.

Oil level is OK?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

KamiKazi wrote: »
    :D I meant me asking if it had enough water might be a silly question.

Oil level is OK?

Yeah, seems to be fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭DonkeyRhubarb

Check the radiator is ok. Vents are not blocked or grills arent bent preventing airflow. This happened to my old bike:( When I say old, I mean my last 09. Cost 350 to replace the radiator:(

• Advertisement
Advertisement