Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"Man On Wire" BBC2 Sunday 9pm

• 30-07-2009 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

"Man On Wire"
    (2008, Documentary) Premiere. Oscar-winning documentary about French street performer Philippe Petit. In 1974 he undertook a daring 45-minute tightrope walk and acrobatic routine on a wire stretched between the two towers of the World Trade Centre. Featuring recreations of his earlier stunts at Paris' Notre Dame cathedral and Sydney Harbour Bridge.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

its good no footage though only photos, they lost the camera when or arrested some'int

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I watched this recently. Its a very good documentary. What a crazy bunch of people he and his friends were!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Bump.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Crazy indeed, a work of performance art though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

what an inspirational documentry. thanks for the heads up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,289 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Yeah, saw this - excellent doc. Looks like he had a very good time celebrating with a female fan in the immediate aftermath :D.

Petit looked well too 35 years after the event, had half expected him to have fallen from a height by now. His mate seemed to have some emotional hang-ups about the entire event, Petit came across as a real jack-the-lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Kelly7589

REALLY enjoyed watching this tonight! I thought what he accomplished was amazing! The guy is fearless! Nicely made documentary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 sengann

He was fearless... to the point of insanity. Truly passionate... or was that madness. His friend had serious emotional hang-ups... and was insane. The reason this guy was doing insane things is because... he was insane. Spending a year scoping out the building, going in wearing disguises... absolute nutcase. Good show nonetheless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,070 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Great documentary.

Quite a bunch of absolute nutjobs they are too though =p

The world needs more people like Petit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭2040

Brilliant documentary. I thought it was profound, in a sad way, how their relationships came to an end when it was all over. Really inspiring stuff though. His passion was unreal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

2040 wrote: »
    Brilliant documentary. I thought it was profound, in a sad way, how their relationships came to an end when it was all over. Really inspiring stuff though. His passion was unreal.

Thats what i'd imagine happens to eccentric people, they invariably end up alone...very intense person i thought...

Advertisement