Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Adidas Court Stars

• 30-07-2009 7:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭

aaaaDSC01478.JPG&w=468&h=327&page=prod_info

Anyone know any shops in Dublin that stock these, only place I can find is Schuh but they don't have them in store you can only buy them in.:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭ToTheSea:

Did you try size? They are usually very good

ToTheSea: wrote: »
    Did you try size? They are usually very good

Only looked on there website and no sign of them, so doubt they'd have em in store.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Cookie Jar

ebay?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Danye

Anyone know any shops in Dublin that stock these, only place I can find is Schuh but they don't have them in store you can only buy them in.:mad:

Got a pair of them, and similar other ones same colour just with canvas toe, both in lifestyle I think.

Definetely one of the high street sports shops do.

• Advertisement

Cookie Jar wrote: »
    ebay?

Want to see them and try them on first mate.

Danye wrote: »
    Got a pair of them, and similar other ones same colour just with canvas toe, both in lifestyle I think.

Definetely one of the high street sports shops do.

You're a star, I'll pop into town on Monday and see what the craic is. Seen the one with the suede toe alright, but after my last pair of Fred Perrys with suede on them, I won't be going near suede again.

You're a star, I'll pop into town on Monday and see what the craic is. Seen the one with the suede toe alright, but after my last pair of Fred Perrys with suede on them, I won't be going near suede again.

Yea they can get a bit messy alrite, my mate and I had a pair of the exact same ones in the picture, so If I see him over the wend il ask him where we got them for definite and il let ya know.

Sound man, if you could know before 3pm tomorrow you'll be a star in my eyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

JD Sports have 'em

• Advertisement

OctavarIan wrote: »
    JD Sports have 'em

Don't have them listed on their website!?:confused:

JD Sports on Henry St didn't stock that colour, Size? didn't have a size 9, and they're unavailable in Schuh atm.:mad:

Any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Walsh

Any ideas?

Look for a different pair of runners maybe ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭ToTheSea:

office on henry st or grafton?

ToTheSea: wrote: »
    office on henry st or grafton?

Never thought of there, ain't up on their website but sure I'll pop in there when I'm in town on Friday.

Any other suggestions ladies and gents? I've tried JD, Size?, Lifestyle on Henry St, Champion Sports in the Jervis so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

Any other suggestions ladies and gents? I've tried JD, Size?, Lifestyle on Henry St, Champion Sports in the Jervis so far.

Theyve got em in Champion Sports but theyre Blue or Green stripes.

Swizz wrote: »
    Theyve got em in Champion Sports but theyre Blue or Green stripes.

Ye seen the baby blue striped one's but well really want the red and blue ones.:mad:

Hey man, I havent seen me mate who has a pair and trying to describe them over the phone is a nightmare.

I will be seeing him for sure tomorrow night, so hopefully I will let ya know!

Hang in there and keep the head up!! :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I have Court Stars but in Green/Blue colourway.

I actually have another pair of Adidas with blue/red colourway that are absolutely identical to your pic, except that the toe has a kind of canvas overlay and there is no logo on the back sole, but I got them ages ago. Can't remember where.

Just go online.

I've bought 3 pairs of rare Adidias online this year alone. I ordered 10s with no sizing issues.

stovelid wrote: »
    I have Court Stars but in Green/Blue colourway.

I actually have another pair of Adidas with blue/red colourway that are absolutely identical to your pic, except that the toe has a kind of canvas overlay and there is no logo on the back sole, but I got them ages ago. Can't remember where.

Just go online.

I've bought 3 pairs of rare Adidias online this year alone. I ordered 10s with no sizing issues.

Plan on going online if I don't track them down tomorrow when I'm in town, just need them in 2 weeks for the aul holidays so could be cutting it tight.

The adidas site doesnt ship to Ireland..........do they?

The adidas site doesnt ship to Ireland..........do they?

Not sure. I've bever bought direct from them.

Don't even have them on the adidas website, stovelid any of the sites you buy off have the runners I'm looking for? Looking for a size 9 in them and can't find them on any site, not even ebay.

Ya really like the colours ?

Ya really like the colours ?

Ye, something about the runners I like.

Ye, something about the runners I like.

Found them, by chance, still havin seen me mate but I was in Size about half an hour ago and just as you go in the door on the left handside down at the bottom are addidas court stars in the exact colours your looking for!

If ya hurry into town ya might still catch them, because if ya dont the agony of not having them is gonna have to wait til monday!

Says here that size? open on Sunday, Gav.

http://www.dublinks.com/index.cfm/loc/5/pt/0/spid/C120800E-F78F-6102-00C41D5475A6F96D.htm

Good luck. You must feed your trainer habit. :D

Last few times, I've bought off ebay, btw.

• Advertisement

Danye wrote: »
    Found them, by chance, still havin seen me mate but I was in Size about half an hour ago and just as you go in the door on the left handside down at the bottom are addidas court stars in the exact colours your looking for!

If ya hurry into town ya might still catch them, because if ya dont the agony of not having them is gonna have to wait til monday!

Didn't have a size 9 when I was in there though a week ago.:(
    Says here that size? open on Sunday, Gav.

http://www.dublinks.com/index.cfm/loc/5/pt/0/spid/C120800E-F78F-6102-00C41D5475A6F96D.htm

Good luck. You must feed your trainer habit. :D

Last few times, I've bought off ebay, btw.

Ye I'll give them a buzz tomorrow and see if they got anymore in or if they can order them in, won't make it in tomorrow as I've a Christening to attend, fecking mate getting up the duff!:D

Ebay has the runners, but they're in Hong Kong so well doesn't that much of a genius to know they're a fake as Pamela Andersons tits.:D

Shouldn't you have been in Drogheda stovelid!? Tut tut tut!;)

Shouldn't you have been in Drogheda stovelid!? Tut tut tut!;)

That was on Friday?

Only home games for me (or Dublin aways). One of those baby scenarios you were complaining about. :D

That was on Friday?

Only home games for me (or Dublin aways). One of those baby scenarios you were complaining about. :D

It was an all!:D

You're one of those people are ye!:pac: Baby scenarios, jaysis hope you're not 18 like my mate is!?:pac:

Forgot to ring Size? today, gonna ring them tomorrow along with Lifestyle, my mate said they had them over in Artane yesterday.

It was an all!:D

You're one of those people are ye!:pac: Baby scenarios, jaysis hope you're not 18 like my mate is!?:pac:

Forgot to ring Size? today, gonna ring them tomorrow along with Lifestyle, my mate said they had them over in Artane yesterday.

Nah 30s. Try getting clearance to leave the city every second weekend at that age when you have a baby. :P Enjoy your away days while you can.

I'm sure if you go to one branch of Lifestyle (especially on a quiet day like Monday or Tuesday) they may be able to ring other Dublin branches to check for your size.

Just managed to get a pair of these (reissues) yesterday. Should have them next week.

I got them!:D Rang up Size? today to see if they could give me a barcode or porduct number of them so I could get there customer service to see if they have any anywhere else, so just happened to ask if they had any size 9's in there, "yup, got two pairs in the other day" so jetted down in the oul car when the oul wan got home and purchased them.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Congrats mate, they're a lovely pair of shoes! In London next week and a new pair of Adidas shoes are on the list as ever. Keep 'em clean.

After that struggle I'd find it hard to wear them out of the house!

• Advertisement

PrivateEye wrote: »
    Congrats mate, they're a lovely pair of shoes! In London next week and a new pair of Adidas shoes are on the list as ever. Keep 'em clean.

After that struggle I'd find it hard to wear them out of the house!

Congrats for buying a pair of runners, now there's a first!:D

Keeping them in the box till next Friday, keep 'em nice and clean for our LC holiday in Ibiza.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

^ It felt a bit like you'd never find them, this thread made for depressing reading. Nothing like a happy ending!

Ibiza guarantees you'll be looking for another pair once you get home(!!!), if anybody finds a lovely pair of Fred Perrys knocking around Crete this summer give me a ring :rolleyes:

PrivateEye wrote: »
    ^ It felt a bit like you'd never find them, this thread made for depressing reading. Nothing like a happy ending!

Ibiza guarantees you'll be looking for another pair once you get home(!!!), if anybody finds a lovely pair of Fred Perrys knocking around Crete this summer give me a ring :rolleyes:

They'll be for day time wear, I'll be bringing an older pair of "ruinable" runners for night, especially when we're planning on hitting Amnesia to see John O'Callaghan.:D

Ya goin to Ibiza with mates? How did ya do in the Lc anyway?

Ya goin to Ibiza with mates? How did ya do in the Lc anyway?

Yup 11 of us going, 10 of us were in school together. Less we talk of the LC the better, really pished off got 60 points less than I wanted, yourself?

• Advertisement

Anyone suggest a good way of cleaning the material on these runners?

You can get trainer cleaning gel for the leather bits. Seems to work OK.

Dunno about the suede or canvas bits - I usually use this as an excuse to buy another pair. ;)

Baby wipes are my solution for the leather, cheap and cheerful and do the job, new runners ain't an option atm have to wait from funding for the parents so probably be another month.:o

Yup 11 of us going, 10 of us were in school together. Less we talk of the LC the better, really pished off got 60 points less than I wanted, yourself?

Ah well cant be worse than repeating.
    J cloth and warm awater?

Ah well cant be worse than repeating.

J cloth and warm awater?

You repeating?:eek: Still got the course I wanted, but in Tallaght instead of DIT but well minus the 45min commute is a much better college.:cool:

Ye might give that a try, just theres a few dirty black marks and don't want to rub them into them.

You repeating?:eek: Still got the course I wanted, but in Tallaght instead of DIT but well minus the 45min commute is a much better college.:cool:

Ye might give that a try, just theres a few dirty black marks and don't want to rub them into them.

Ye raging I rejected a good course! Regret it now.

If a J cloth doesnt work try a shoe brush

Minus the J Cloth and Shoe brush ideas, anyone else got suggestions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RonanC

This stuff isn't cheap, but the one bottle I've purchased has lasted over 18 months to date and is only half used.

http://www.shopjasonmarkk.com/Jason-Markk-Premium-Sneaker-Solution-Set-_p_0-7.html

It is superb at cleaning white runners.

Thanks, nearly sure I've seen stuff like that in either footlocker, schuh or size?, must go and investigate.

Advertisement