Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Suzuki Motorcycle Dealer isin't home

• 30-07-2009 7:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 112 ✭✭

I went to get some parts from Suzuki (Priary Motorcycles) and the place is shut down. I rang their phone and it just rings out. No message. The garage next door said that they are on holidays but I'm not buying it. Building is up for let too (I went to Glasnevin ind est.)

Oh their website is turned off too.

Does anyone know if they moved again or have they gone out of business?

I need a few bits as soon as, so it be great if there was an alternative. Since they are the main importers where do I go?

Thanks for any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Might get a more concise answer in the Motorbikes forum? >>>>>>>>>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 112 ✭✭beatman91

Sorry wrong place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Moved from motors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

They do close down every summer for 2 weeks, so thats probably it.
    I remember one year i had to wait 2 weeks for a part that couldn't be got anywhere and the shop my bike was in said it happens every year. :rolleyes:

That's unreal, only in Ireland. I'll try them on Tuesday again. They could leave a message like back in 2 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 547 ✭✭✭iseethelight

I picked up some parts there last week and he was telling a guy they were closed for 2 weeks from last friday so wont reopen till mon week. Bit crazy in the height of biking season but there you go.

Cheers for that I didn't believe it. I guess I'll have to wait

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭dhev

beatman91 wrote: »
    I went to get some parts from Suzuki (Priary Motorcycles) and the place is shut down. I rang their phone and it just rings out. No message. The garage next door said that they are on holidays but I'm not buying it. Building is up for let too (I went to Glasnevin ind est.)

Oh their website is turned off too.

Does anyone know if they moved again or have they gone out of business?

I need a few bits as soon as, so it be great if there was an alternative. Since they are the main importers where do I go?

Thanks for any advice.

There's a Suzuki dealer in Co.Down. Phone them up they're very helpful. I've used them several times for my GSXR. Much cheaper than down here. You'll have the parts in 2 days by post. Here's there phone no. 00442892689777. Hope this is of help.

Daryl

Great stuff thanks a lot

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Andys Bikes in the Curragh are a Suzuki main dealer as far as I know. Give him a ring on (045) 441585.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,790 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

...having dealt with them more than few times, they'd be doing everyone a favour by staying closed, and hopefully someone who gives a hoot could take over the franchise.

They have absolutely zero interest in customers, or customer service, condescension comes as standard.

As for 'authorised' dealers - if you have the €€, they'll sell them to you.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Bang Bang

galwaytt wrote: »
    ...having dealt with them more than few times, they'd be doing everyone a favour by staying closed, and hopefully someone who gives a hoot could take over the franchise.

They have absolutely zero interest in customers, or customer service, condescension comes as standard.

As for 'authorised' dealers - if you have the €€, they'll sell them to you.

That's the way they were back in the '80's when they were on the North Circular Road so I too stopped dealing with them. Hard to believe things haven't changed in twenty years.

Crookes Suzuki in the UK do an excellent internet service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Get parts from the UK or Norther Ireland if you can. Avoid Priory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Crossans - www.thevisorshop.com in Newry are great for getting parts. They've never let me down. Priory on the other hand failed to correctly repair my 6-month old GSXR under warranty despite a global recall. Muppets.

'cptr

Advertisement