Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SofaSpud spotlight - Spuddy you get to chose new person in the well

Options
  • 30-07-2009 7:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭

This was attempted before but kinda failed...So I thought I'd try revive it, The basic Idea is to get to know the forum members better so we put one person on the spot and we all get nosey and ask questions.....

I thought We should start with Sofaspud....So if he agree's fire away with questions.... So what says you sofaspud yay or nay?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

Go ahead, I'm pretty shameless!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Sweet so I'll start.

Whats the best insult someone's got you with?

Do you believe tattoo's should have a meaning behind them?

Whats your musical influences?(i think i heard your in a band?)

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭JohnnyQuid

Oh,i'll join in aswell.

How many tattoos you got?

Sweet so I'll start.

Whats the best insult someone's got you with?

Hmm, hard to think of these!
    A fairly good one was a couple of years ago, I was slightly more rotund than I am now, and I was talking to some friends about somethingoranother, and jokingly said "I'm in perfect shape!"
    And one of the lads said "Of an egg!"
    Do you believe tattoo's should have a meaning behind them?

It's not a necessity at all, but it's a plus. I think a lot of people just come up with "meanings" as an excuse for getting a tattoo they think looks cool (such as "my grandad had a pitbull, now he's dead, so I'm getting a big pitbull on my bicep to remind me of my grandad", but if it actually has genuine meaning and sentiment behind it, all the better.

We all know that looking cool is the important thing though :D
    Whats your musical influences?(i think i heard your in a band?)

Lots! My band is a weird mixture of blues / funk / soul / hippie poprock, with some elements of metal thrown in! A randomer at one of our gigs has described our style as "grunge country", which is confusing in itself!

A big influence when I was starting off was Kirk Hammet from Metallica, but the more I played, the more my tastes grew. I now listen to heavier stuff (Devin Townsend, Pantera, Slipknot, Megadeth) and lighter / classic / prog stuff (Pink Floyd, Rush, Hendrix, Stevie Ray Vaughan), and crazily musical stuff like Steve Vai and Extreme, so I try to be versatile!

JohnnyQuid wrote: »
    Oh,i'll join in aswell.

How many tattoos you got?

I have 3, a half-sleeve "wall of music", based around a treble clef and stoney background on my upper right arm, still in progress and gonna be completed in the next few weeks.
    I have a bass clef on my left arm using the same stoney look as the half sleeves background, and then on my right ankle I have a traditional rose which was done by an apprentice friend, so far it's been done in 2 parts but it still needs touching up.

Might as well answer the same question about piercings :P

I've 6 rings in my left ear, 2 in the lobe, 2 halfway up the rim and 2 helix.
    I've 2 in my right ear, my lobe and conch. I used to have my lip done but had to remove that because of gum erosion :(
    Then I've both nipples, a bar in the left and a ring in the right, and my newest addition is a Prince Albert, which I love even though I haven't had a chance to "test it" properly yet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Who do you plan 'testing' it on? Surely you've had a hand shandy or two since :pac:

Favourite piercing in general?

What is your over all goal (if any) for you and your body?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Sofaspud wrote: »
    I have 3, a half-sleeve "wall of music", based around a treble clef and stoney background on my upper right arm, still in progress and gonna be completed in the next few weeks.
    I have a bass clef on my left arm using the same stoney look as the half sleeves background, and then on my right ankle I have a traditional rose which was done by an apprentice friend, so far it's been done in 2 parts but it still needs touching up.

Might as well answer the same question about piercings :P

I've 6 rings in my left ear, 2 in the lobe, 2 halfway up the rim and 2 helix.
    I've 2 in my right ear, my lobe and conch. I used to have my lip done but had to remove that because of gum erosion :(
    Then I've both nipples, a bar in the left and a ring in the right, and my newest addition is a Prince Albert, which I love even though I haven't had a chance to "test it" properly yet.
    Your going to be at the beers later with will right??

Whats the most embarrassing thing you did or your parents did to you as a kid

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭JohnnyQuid

Did the prince albert not hurt like f***?I'd never be able to do that.

Will wrote: »
    Who do you plan 'testing' it on? Surely you've had a hand shandy or two since :pac:

One or two :P But testing it properly, I mean! wanna find out just how "worth it" it is :D
    Favourite piercing in general?

It's the PA! It was my second least painful of all of them (conch was the least), and I just love that I have a thing in my thing!
    What is your over all goal (if any) for you and your body?

Well at the moment I have a few more tattoos in mind, I have to finish my half-sleeve firstly. I'm gonna get a maori / polynesian leg-sleeve on my left leg from Ped (my friend that did the rose), because I gave him free reign over my legs, they're a practice canvas for him, and he's a good artist. I also wanna get a shoulder to chest piece on my left side, but I'm not fixed on a design yet.
    I'll hopefully get a full backpiece at some stage as well, but that's just a pipedream at the moment, I have a kind of idea in mind for a multi-denominational religious mural.
    I'm not in any real hurry with tattoo ideas, I take them as they come to me. I'm not sure if I'm going to want anything on my forearms but I might at some stage.

Piercings-wise, I have a few things in mind. Firstly, get a larger-guage ring in the PA (it still has the 2.4mm), I want one more ring at 3.2 mm in my left lobe so it has kinda a descending-guage theme, and in my right ear I want my rook, tragus and an orbital / spiral in my helix. I might get my labret done again but I'm hesitant due to the last one.

Your going to be at the beers later with will right??
    Not anymore!
    Whats the most embarrassing thing you did or your parents did to you as a kid

Hmm, dunno. Possibly raising me as a Jehovah's Witness, so I never celebrated Birthdays or Christmas! The lack of christmas was pretty embarrassing when I was young!
    That, or constantly having to wear the hand-me-downs of my fours older brothers.
    JohnnyQuid wrote: »
    Did the prince albert not hurt like f***?I'd never be able to do that.

I used to think like that, I went from "eww, fcuk, I'd never be able to do that!" to
    "hmm, well maybe I'd get it done at some stage" to
    "I will get it done, some time!" to "fcuk it, I'm doing it",

Then when I got it done, "Is that all I was worried about for so long?"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Cookie Jar

How do you like your eggs???

Rashers or sausages?

What do you wish to achieve with your life?

Whats your most played song at the moment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Does having the ability to walk on water get annoying, like if you're trying to have a relaxing bath? Or can you switch it on and off?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

do you have holes in your socks?

Cookie Jar wrote: »
    How do you like your eggs???
    Scrambled or poached, depending on my mood!
    Rashers or sausages?
    Rashers, I've gone off sausages the past few months, but rasher sandwiches for breakfast have become an addiction.
    What do you wish to achieve with your life?
    More rashers!

I'm in the middle of a 2-year Sound Engineering course at the moment, after that I wanna move to wales for 2 years to continue on to a full audio-visual degree, then hopefully open a recording studio at some stage!
    That's plan B after becoming a rock star, of course :P

Whats your most played song at the moment?

Hmm, my Zen doesn't tell me, I can't think of what it is! I go through periods of listening to one album for about a week before listening to another. It's Stevie Ray Vaughan at the moment, but I'd say the most played song would be Earth Day by Devin Townsend, or Cupid's Dead by Extreme. Or possibly He-Man Woman Hater, also by Extreme.
    Gauge wrote: »
    Does having the ability to walk on water get annoying, like if you're trying to have a relaxing bath? Or can you switch it on and off?

I haven't had a bath in years (I shower, shut up!), and I've only been swimming once in the past 3 years, so it hasn't been too much of an inconvenience! I do tend to levitate a little bit in the shower a little bit when I leave the buoyancy power on, but I can switch it off luckily.
    do you have holes in your socks?

Yep, how else would I get my feet in?

Were you in fibbers last night? cos i didn't see you (sad face)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Sofaspud, why do fools fall in love?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Why do birds, suddenly appear?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭dearg lady

I used to have my lip done but had to remove that because of gum erosion :(

same things happenin to mine :( Did your gum go back to normal a while after takin it out? I think might have ta do same, d'oh! then I'll be practically piercing-less!!

and a random question for good measure...
    what's the best holiday you've ever been on?

Were you in fibbers last night? cos i didn't see you (sad face)

Nope, we rain-checked the beers, and all my real-life friends were busy / poor :(
    dancor wrote: »
    Sofaspud, why do fools fall in love?

Everyone can fall in love, it just so happens that a lot of people are fools! And most people turn into fools after falling in love, so I guess you could say, aren't we all fools when it comes to love?
    Be good to yourselves, and each other!
    Why do birds, suddenly appear?

I think it's the smell :(
    dearg lady wrote: »
    same things happenin to mine :( Did your gum go back to normal a while after takin it out? I think might have ta do same, d'oh! then I'll be practically piercing-less!!

I took the piercing out around last february, and it hasn't gone back to normal, I don't think it does either, so quit while you're ahead and take it out ASAP, I went for a long time thinking "it'll be fine", I didn't want to waste a piercing, but I had to in the end, and I wish I did sooner!
    and a random question for good measure...
    what's the best holiday you've ever been on?

Amsterdam, definitely! I went last summer with my (now ex) girlfriend, and it was crazy. We had mushrooms the first night, and she thought I was going to kill her, while I just thought I was going mental! If you've seen the film "1408", that's what I was experiencing, but she thought I had one of those "Jimi Hendrix telling me to kill her" trips, because she was tripping too!

The rest of the weekend wasn't as scary, and much more fun :D

I took the piercing out around last february, and it hasn't gone back to normal, I don't think it does either, so quit while you're ahead and take it out ASAP, I went for a long time thinking "it'll be fine", I didn't want to waste a piercing, but I had to in the end, and I wish I did sooner!

yeah, that kinda what I was thinkin, thanks. I have a plastic back on it now, dunno if it's gettin worse, but definitely no improvement. Have to take it out in work anyways!

Amsterdam, definitely! I went last summer with my (now ex) girlfriend, and it was crazy. We had mushrooms the first night, and she thought I was going to kill her, while I just thought I was going mental! If you've seen the film "1408", that's what I was experiencing, but she thought I had one of those "Jimi Hendrix telling me to kill her" trips, because she was tripping too!

The rest of the weekend wasn't as scary, and much more fun :D

tee hee, sounds fun, I STILL haven't made it to the Dam, some day :) I had a weird thing 'under the influence' once where my ex came back from paint ball and told me he shot a load of people. I had a good 30 seconds of panic, picturing him having to flee the country, would the police catch up with him etc before I realised he shot them with damn paint. I'm sure my face was priceless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

What is the meaning of life? (AND IT'S NOT 42!)

If you could be anybody in the world (dead, alive, famous or not) who would you be?

What is the meaning of life? (AND IT'S NOT 42!)
    I've come to the startling conclusion that there isn't one! We're here, and we should enjoy life while we can. We're only here for x amount of years until we die, and if you can die and say "I'm glad my life went how it did", then you've lived it well.
    People get the wrong idea of how they should live their lives, trying to get more money or trying to be liked by everyone, but unless you're happy and you've enjoyed your whole life as much as you could, that's all pointless!
    If you could be anybody in the world (dead, alive, famous or not) who would you be?

I'd be me, I don't know how to be anyone else! There are people whose lives I'd like to lead a similar life to, but I don't know how happy any of them are, I don't know how they feel about their lives, so I wouldn't know anyone I'd want to be other than myself!
    That, or Steve Vai :D

*most philosophical post ever*

tee hee, sounds fun, I STILL haven't made it to the Dam, some day :)

When I went, at first I found it scary and not at all what I was expecting! I'd be walking past or in "coffee shops" and people would be staring blankly / rudely, never even talking and just looking unwelcoming and not at all friendly or happy.

Then on the last day there, we were "disposing of" our remaining weed before going to the airport, sitting outside a coffee shop, gazing into the distance ever so slightly* stoned, and herself just said "Oh god . . . . we're those people", and I just said "I KNOW!" and we both start laughing, for quite some time.

*ridiculously

You don't gotta answer questions if you don't wanna go into it, your volunteering yourself so choice is yours :)

What got you into piercings?
    What is your opinion on the stereotype of people with tattoos and piercings? and do you fit into that mold?
    Where would you draw the line with body piercing and tattooing i.e what is too much

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭vangoz

Why the name sofaspud?

If you won the lotto what be the first thing you'd do for yourself?

You don't gotta answer questions if you don't wanna go into it, your volunteering yourself so choice is yours :)

Like I said, I'm pretty shameless :P
    What got you into piercings?

I've always had an interest in tattoos, piercings were never really something I thought about, then once I was in town with some friends, they were going to get stuff pierced, and I said "why not?" and got the rim of my ear pierced, and then I caught the bug. I don't know what it is, I just love adding new bits to myself.
    What is your opinion on the stereotype of people with tattoos and piercings? and do you fit into that mold?

I don't think there's as much of a stereotype with tattoos anymore, since they've become so popular and moved on from the "convicts and sailors" stereotype.
    There are still some stereotypes attached though, like skangers with tribals or crosses or names on their forearms, tramp stamps etc.

I think the main tattooed / pierced-guy stereotype would be the "metaller" type, which I look like I should fit into, what with the tattoos / piercings / dreads / beard, but my clothes, musical taste and general demeanor are not at all in line with the stereotype. I once had a guy in college ask me about a metal band, and I hadn't a clue, so he named a few other bands I didn't know, then gave out to me for giving off the impression that I was a metaller!
    I do like small amounts of metal music, but I'm definitely more of a classic / prog rock lover!
    Where would you draw the line with body piercing and tattooing i.e what is too much

Hmm, well last year I would've said a Prince Albert would be beyond me, so I think as I learn more about mods, I become less sensitive to them.

But personally, for me, I think any tattoos on the face / head would be too much, same with on the hands, or anywhere that's constantly on display. Same with overly elaborate facial piercings, like having stretched cheeks / nostrils, or, indeed, labret. (This is only for me, I like yours! Promise! :P)
    I don't think I'd actually like to stretch my own lobes either, but that's more personal taste than anything.

Body suspension, implants and scarification are a bit over the line for me too.

Then there's the likes of meatotomy / subincision which are just . . . . . . no!

vangoz wrote: »
    Why the name sofaspud?
    I used to be a total couch potato, so my brother start calling me a Sofaspud! Some people *looks at Raze* can go aaaages without getting the pun!
    vangoz wrote: »
    If you won the lotto what be the first thing you'd do for yourself?

Probably spend a large amount of it getting me, my friends and family absolutely pissed! Then I'd buy a car, and work on getting myself a license so I could use it!
    I need a new amp, so I'd go to xmusic and buy myself the best one there!
    Ooh, I'd also set myself up a recording studio and fill it with good gear so I'd have my business going! I have an agreement with a friend that when one of us wins the lotto we'll buy a studio and be equal partners in it!

Now I want to win the lotto!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Have you any words of wisdom for ''the kids'' of today?

tramp stamps
    lol, tramp stamps
    labret. (This is only for me, I like yours! Promise! :P)

*shakes fist* You'd better!!! :D

hmmm, this is fun, more questions, what would you say if a mate got a tat you really didn't like... try to be non committal, be brutally honest, or lie!?

• Advertisement

dancor wrote: »
    Have you any words of wisdom for ''the kids'' of today?

Don't try too hard impress people, when young people do that they look like twits!
    Don't try to please everyone either, sometimes you have to put yourself first!

And don't put too much faith in humanity, a lot of people are cnuts, who will fcuk you over for reasons you might never know! So just try to enjoy life, help other people enjoy theirs, but without sacrificing your own enjoyment! Cram as much experience and fun as you can into your time here.

And most importantly . . . . . wear sunscreen.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement