Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pictures of Leixlip (late 80's)

Options
  • 30-07-2009 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭

Shamelessly stolen from my friend's brother.

The aquaduct.
    aquaduct.jpg

The Captain's inn.
    captains.jpg

The Obelisk (Connolly's Folly)
    connollysfolly.jpg

The castle
    leixlipcastle.jpg

More later.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Scoobydoobydoo

Excellent, thanks for sharing. Love the Captain's photo in particular.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

lol remember when the Captains had the only offie in leixlip. You had to ring a lil bell at the hatch and one of the bar staff had to go into that pokie little room to serve you. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Wow, this brings back so much memories!
    First pint in the captains, and first sail of man made raft through that Viaduct!

Thanks mate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Sure it was late 80's Terry? I don't remember the captains being anything other than 2 storeys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 marooned

Legend. Anyone got any photos of the Hitcher???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Holy crap them pics bring back many memories,especially sailing our own hand made rafts under the aquaduct!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭madds

Terry wrote: »
    The Captain's inn.
    captains.jpg

Thanks for that. Worked on the floor there and then behind the bar from '90 to '93. Had some craic in that place after hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Thanks Terry! That took me back. I remember being in the Captains inn as a wee one with my grandfather. He'd have a pint and I'd have a 7up and a bag of tayto. Good times! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Jaeger 90

Obelisk is in maynooth hommes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Jaeger 90 wrote: »
    Obelisk is in maynooth hommes

Not this debate again. Its in Leixlip!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Jaeger 90

No way its maynooth, at a push celbridge, but definitely not leixpip, i think the townland name is actually kilmacradick or some sh.it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭acmj2007

Thanks for posting these pictures! many a funny night in The Captain's Inn:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭madds

Anyone remember the karaoke nights that used to run in the Captain's about 1991 or so? The place was jammed full on those nights. Made the night go much faster when working behind the bar watching someone murdering a couple of songs. :D

Advertisement