Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung

• 30-07-2009 8:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭

I was thinking about getting a Samsung LCD Plasma Screen T.V. and I'm just wondering are Samsung are good, quality brand to go with?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

You said LCD Plasma, they are 2 different things. I read up a bit before my father got his and samsung were one of the best LCDs, he got one in the end and it is good, I have a samsung LCD for my PC and it is good, I would go for panasonic for plasma. But really you need to check reviews for the particular model you want. check out www.avforums.co.uk for indepth reviews

and the forum on this site too http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=864

• Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Mayoegian

rubadub wrote: »
    You said LCD Plasma, they are 2 different things. I read up a bit before my father got his and samsung were one of the best LCDs, he got one in the end and it is good, I have a samsung LCD for my PC and it is good, I would go for panasonic for plasma. But really you need to check reviews for the particular model you want. check out www.avforums.co.uk for indepth reviews

and the forum on this site too http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=864

Thanks a mill!! Sorry i'm not very 'technologic'!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,520 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

I buy only Samsung LCD's, Love them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Mayoegian

Boggles wrote: »
    I buy only Samsung LCD's, Love them.

Thanks for your reply!! I think I'll go for them so!;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Home Enertainment General

dudara

BTW We bought a 42" Samsung plasma last year and are absoluted delighted with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Also just to add, I would not go for size over quality. e.g. say you had a certain amount of money to spend, say €1000, some might be tempted by big screens saying "wow, I can actually get a 50inch for the same price as that 42inch one I was looking at, and they are the same brand" (or different brand)

You really get what you pay for, if you are watching a lot of TV a big screen exposes more flaws in the broadcast (especially on UPC), also for the same money the 50" is going to be lower quality picture than the same brand 42", and that lower quality is then magnified.

Most shops are showing them off with blu-ray or at least dvd, if they have TV programs it is nearly always sky showing since it is better quality.

Same goes with digital cameras, too many people equate the quality/worth with the amount of megapixels. If I saw say 2 sony cameras, same price, different pixel counts, I would usually go for the lower pixel count, the money saved probably went into a better lens or better electronics etc so will probably take better pictures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭higster

Same as that...have samsung plasma 42" in sitting room and samsung 22" LCD for PC and 37" Philips in bedroom...samies by far better than the philips (at least the one I got).

Advertisement