Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Oooh a Pix.ie win.

• 30-07-2009 8:58pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ooooh I won something. Most Creative category in the Pix.ie Streey Performer Fest. I'm very, very happy as I've never won anything in photography before.
    For a past time/part time interest, amature hobbiest type of snapper like me it really is boost of confidence.
    Big lesson for me in "taking part is a good idea".
    Think I'll submit the demos of my new album to EMI while I'm on a roll.

668AD4628FDF4AE49B8CA0390DF47340.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

Congrats!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

congrats man. really love that photo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

I loved that shot, very original, well deserving.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Well done - you deserve it with all the effort you put into your shots.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭Marcus

I was absolutely delighted to email you with this news today! I love your creativity which has now been recognised officially and independently! Well done!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

darn fine stuff indeed - well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Buzz Lightyear

Well done man. Fame and recognition at last. Great sequence of shots and great final image.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Well done dude!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Congrats, what a great picture! :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Good work. Well deserved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,723 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

humberklog wrote: »
    O
    Think I'll submit the demos of my new album to EMI while I'm on a roll.

well done Humber , very creative indeed - maybe this can be the album cover

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Well done, fantastic photo!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

thebaz wrote: »
    well done Humber , very creative indeed - maybe this can be the album cover
    It's funny you say that as just today I eventually got the shot I'd been waiting for for it. I usually draw my artwork but for this I had a certain shot in mind and think I got it 100%.
    Pretty good day! Daughter's 6th birthday and she's in Dublin with me at the moment, we worked together in getting the shot we'd been waiting on for months, a burst of lyrics for a tune I'd been struggling with and the Pix.ie thingymebobs. And the sun was mostly shining.
    Brilliant and thanks for the encouraging comments everyone!

Oh another odd one was that as we were enjoying the sun in Stephan's Green a woman caught my attention. I realised that I'd saw her photo on here!? I noticed she was walking with a woman that was carrying a camera and put two and two together and actually got four. Usually I end up way off the mark. I asked her was she "such and such" a poster and indeed she was. Funny old day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

Congrats! This sounds like a really good day. What did you win btw? Or is it "just" recognition?
    Oh. And good luck with EMI. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

Congratulations! Interesting pic. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Congrats. Well deserved for sure!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭gary82

Congrats! Had a look over your shots and you really make the effort to keep the quality up - so very well deserved! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭trooney

Great shot. Great win. Well done!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭dakar

I hereby endorse the product/event/congratulations previously expressed in this thread.

Nice work HK:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Seriously mate, you kick ass.

I wish i could crawl inside your brain for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭eas

well done humberklog - great image.

I'm sure the street performer in the shot(s) would love to see it too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

Great to see your work get rewarded. Well deserved. Love your stuff!

xia wrote: »
    Congrats! What did you win btw? Or is it "just" recognition?

Thanks Xia...eh I don't know if you get anything for that category. Maybe just the bigger categories. I might get an email or something about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Anouilh

It's funny you say that as just today I eventually got the shot I'd been waiting for for it. I usually draw my artwork but for this I had a certain shot in mind and think I got it 100%.
    Pretty good day! Daughter's 6th birthday and she's in Dublin with me at the moment, we worked together in getting the shot we'd been waiting on for months, a burst of lyrics for a tune I'd been struggling with and the Pix.ie thingymebobs. And the sun was mostly shining.
    Brilliant and thanks for the encouraging comments everyone!

Oh another odd one was that as we were enjoying the sun in Stephan's Green a woman caught my attention. I realised that I'd saw her photo on here!? I noticed she was walking with a woman that was carrying a camera and put two and two together and actually got four. Usually I end up way off the mark. I asked her was she "such and such" a poster and indeed she was. Funny old day.

She thought so too...

Many thanks for saying "Hello". It was really kind of you to make the effort to introduce yourself, Humberklog. My family was delighted as well.

A brilliant photo. Congratulations.

Anouilh wrote: »
    She thought so too...

Many thanks for saying "Hello". It was really kind of you to make the effort to introduce yourself, Humberklog. My family was delighted as well.

A brilliant photo. Congratulations.

Good to meet you too Anouilh. I, for some odd reason, thought it rude not to?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

Incredibly well deserved and when Dragan has finished that crawl in your brain, I'm next :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Simplicius

Congrats you well deserve this your photomontages are always very interesting, this one though is superb and certainly deserves the award.

Am I right in thinking this all came from your Olympus Trip ?

Anthony

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Panhour

Brill, Well done, its a lovely image, Really like your stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭mobileblog

Congratulations Humberklog

There is a few people on here who’s style really stands out, you don’t even have to look at the user name, and i think that it’s about time that you were picked up.
    You create great style in the majority of your photos and i give credit to your style - it’s really fresh and great to see that you stick to it and keep working with images. Great work and keep it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭Marcus

Thanks Xia...eh I don't know if you get anything for that category. Maybe just the bigger categories. I might get an email or something about that.
    We sent you an email to the email account you registered on Pixie with (i.e. ....@yahoo.co.uk) with details of the prize. We haven't heard back from you yet! Can you check that account or update your Pixie email address so that we can resend it.

Cheers!
    Marcus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

Sorry for being late to the party but well done, a real nice job!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Schlemm

dude that's awesome congrats!!

Simplicius wrote: »

Am I right in thinking this all came from your Olympus Trip ?

Anthony

Thanks Anthony. There was 4 cameras used. The Minolta for the action shots of the guy. In the background there are three buildings that don't belong in Merrion Sq. On the left there is a picture taken around '86 of the Fairview Strand cinema. This was taken with a Canon A1. Moving along then there is a recent picturemontage of Dolphins Barn flats which was taken with the Trip and then on the right side is a mid 1970's photo of the long gone Sheriff Street flats. This photo I'm told was taken with a Leica.

Have to say thanks very much for all the messages of support. I really am bowled over by it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

Congrads! I love the way each performer has his own square! Hope this is the 1st of many! Well done!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭alb

Great job OP, well deserved and well done to pix.ie on making the choice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

That is a cool picture. The mosaic effect and all...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭*eadaoin

congrautlations! that's a great confidence boost :) nice work on the photo too, i can see why it won it's pretty great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

:D

Brilliant! And totally deserved. I'm delighted :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Great shot! Congrats!

Advertisement