Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV Copyright Infringement notice

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

cisk wrote: »
    Seems bizarre to me how i get an infraction for talking about Usenet

Which earns you 1 month off. Goodbye.
    token56 wrote: »
    I thought a third party would need high court approval before they are granted rights to view such information?

The ISP doesn't monitor anything, nor do they hand any information out, so no breech of data protection happens. The monitors let the ISP know that someone on their network has been sharing copyright material, then the ISP tells that someone that they've been caught. For any information to pass from ISP to the monitors, a court order is needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭token56

jor el wrote: »
    The ISP doesn't monitor anything, nor do they hand any information out, so no breech of data protection happens. The monitors let the ISP know that someone on their network has been sharing copyright material, then the ISP tells that someone that they've been caught. For any information to pass from ISP to the monitors, a court order is needed.

Cheers, thats what I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

torrents29 wrote: »
    I received the same letter today. What's this torrents stuff :)
    I doubt peer guardian will prevent future letters
    Screw it, I'm off to newsgroups..

Is anyone that got the letter already using peer guardian?
    i got one too, not using peer guardian

Advertisement