Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

wine brewing course

• 30-07-2009 9:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 770 ✭✭✭

I see on the Irish seed savers website that they have a course in october for homebrewing and wine making from local produce. would really like to go as an old neighbour of mine use to make wine from nettles and damsons. the only problem is that this is on in clare and i am based in the north east/dublin. does any one else know of any similar courses in this region?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭marceldesailly

I only know of the seedsavers one but why not just try it out without doing a course?quick google , lots of info available.country wine making isn't difficult and you'd save the €70 for the course which can spend a little bit of on buying the equipment.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Not a course, but the OghamBrew homebrew festival is on in Dublin on 15th August. There were a couple of country wines at the last one and I think there will be at this one too. It might be worth coming along to talk to the makers about what you need and how it's done.

Contact the organisers through the website for more details.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Why pay for a course when you can get all the info you need on line. I only started to brew 3 weeks ago (get to try my first brew tonight!!) and never felt the need to do a course.

The homebrew community are a very helpful bunch. Probably cos they're p1ssed all the time! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

If you have not done so, start your own batch of wine from a kit. It is very easy (much easier than beer) and then it will be pretty easy to figure out how to make it from raw ingredients.

If you like contact me and I (and my wife) will show you how to do it for free. I probably have about 30 bottles of homemade wine from kits along with all my home made beer at home.
    Click the link on my sig or Beer nuts and you will find info in the forum under other craft brew.

I am much closer to Dublin than Clare too (35 mins drive from liffey valley)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 770 ✭✭✭viztopia

thanks for everyones help. i will take a look at your website over teh weekend saruman and see what i think. maybe its not as hard as i think!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

viztopia wrote: »
    maybe its not as hard as i think!!
    It's not! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

If you are going to get a wine kit, start easy and quick so you have an idea of what to expect. Solomon Grundy 7 day wine kits are actually pretty good. Oh you can drink them after 7 days but leave them for a month and they taste even better. They get better with age.

Advertisement