Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radiator bleed key

Options
  • 30-07-2009 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I'm trying to get my hands on a bleed key, it's a 5mm square type and I can't find any in any of the local hardware or diy shops.
    If anyone knows where I can get one, it'd be a great help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Plumnbers providers, Chadwicks or heatmerchants. Explain the type!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭bigmoma22

Sorry to post reply here, I actually need help...

Finally got the key and tried bleeding. 3 rads, one got air out two nothing. I did not want to open the valve too much, so the one that I did bleed I opened about a full turn, closed after hissing stopped, was no water leaking. Other two opened about 3 full turns and no water nor hissing so I closed it. All three were colder on top and warm on bottom. Haven't tried putting heating on yet. Water in rads was cold when I didi this. Also hot press seems to have a leak... but only on outside of the house... Help... help... help...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

Not enough water in the system. The system needs to be topped up. Do a search for similar threads - lots in the last month.
    Jim.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Safety valve imo. you need a plumberP

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭bigmoma22

Thanks for help,
    got the plumber finally. As I mebtioned I haven't got a clue about any of these (sigh) so I looked at the pressure gauge and saw a hand at 1 bar, well guess what: it was the wrong one, pressure was on 0 hence couldn't really bleed properly. Plumber fixed it in 10 mins, including inspecting the leak. So great to have a nice and warm house!!! And thanks again for your help.

• Advertisement
Advertisement