Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best gaming mouse?

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    I just wanted a 3.0 back but after seeing this thread the G5 does look good. Whats the mouse wheel on that like?? Any other opinions that you can offer?

Thanks

i know the type of config your going after in tfc there (bro used to play) and the G5's mouse wheel doesnt cut the mustard. its got buttons on it if you press it sideways which is just more irritating then it is help. if your coming from a 3.0 and wanna splash the cash go for a razor deathadder. it was the easiest transition for me anyhow and the mousewheel is nice too (i use it plenty for quake & ut). i had a G5 before and its no mustard cutter, its decent but the deathadder is superior. keeping in mind that dpi and added weights mean f-all btw and that you just want a good quality mouse :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭daemon1

I would add the ms3.0 tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

mx518,msie 3.0,deathadder. one of those will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Jazzy wrote: »
    i know the type of config your going after in tfc there (bro used to play) and the G5's mouse wheel doesnt cut the mustard. its got buttons on it if you press it sideways which is just more irritating then it is help. if your coming from a 3.0 and wanna splash the cash go for a razor deathadder. it was the easiest transition for me anyhow and the mousewheel is nice too (i use it plenty for quake & ut). i had a G5 before and its no mustard cutter, its decent but the deathadder is superior. keeping in mind that dpi and added weights mean f-all btw and that you just want a good quality mouse :)

Thanks for the info. Was actually taking to one of the people I play TFC with and he suggested the deathadder. Actually looks very similar to the 3.0 and looks very nice. Thanks for all the responses. Hopefully I'll get my hands on a deathadder soon :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Advertisement

Looks very odd. Think I'm going to stick with the deathadder. Trying to get one off adverts.ie , just waiting for him to pm me back again, so happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

read my post above,get one of them.

Just thought I'd come back and say I got my Deathadder from ebay for 33euro yesterday, and I'm already in love with it :D

Great mouse, highly recommended.

Thanks for your help and opinions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

I drop my G5 a lot because I sit on the bed to look at the "monitor". Its a hardy mouse.

Well, since this has been resurrected, my G5 mouse has bit the dust. I was looking at the Roccat Kone on komplett but after reading the reviews on the V1 mouse it seems that theres a price to pay for shoddy workmanship.

And it doesn't say whether it is the V2 version on Komplett. I might just go with a weirdy Razer!

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Tyrant^

I want to vote again as my 4 month old razer death adder just died !
    A friend of mine got 2 razer copperheads aswell at one stage and they both died too :(

Razer = teh suck.

• Advertisement

Tyrant^ wrote: »
    I want to vote again as my 4 month old razer death adder just died !
    A friend of mine got 2 razer copperheads aswell at one stage and they both died too :(

Razer = teh suck.

Fingers crossed mine doesn't die on me any time soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

I've bought a couple of second hand Mx518s from a guy in Greece off ebay. The better condition one was bought first for the desktop - about £12 I think, delivered. The only problem with it is that the logo is slightly faded. Liked it so much I bought another (more faded logo and worn rubberization at the thumb rest) for my laptop - about £10 delivered. I've found it to be a great mouse, the laptop one has been dropped a lot and used on many unforgiving surfaces, yet still works perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Currently use an MX1000 frikkin laser mouse. It's alright but not really a gaming mouse.

Best mouse I ever did have was MS opti mouse blue. It suited me down to the ground for FPSs and it was as cheap as chips.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

I have a bluetooth MX1000, I love when it decides to lag by a second or two mid killing spree in TF2, makes it more challenging to... OH NO I'VE BEEN BACKSTABBED, NVM! :p

Advertisement