Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aliens over Trim this evening?

Options
  • 30-07-2009 10:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Did anyone see the lights over Trim this evening, about 22:30, Aliens ? or just lanterns - looked pretty cool whatever it was.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Anybody see about 6 strange lights moving across the sky over Trim at about 10:30pm this evening? - they fizzlled out near Newtown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 nodrog

yeah seen about 20 pass over - amazing....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

They're getting the Garda Helicopter decked out in advance of Xmas :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Saw you posted this at the same time, it was pretty weird.

There was cheering around the same time in the town. Was this because of the lights? No games as far as I am aware.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭annon123

i think they were lanterns or something.looked pretty cool

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Merged :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭weepee

Any one get a pic of these lights ?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

weepee wrote: »
    Any one get a pic of these lights ?

stars.N.1.b.gif

Was it these ye be looking at?

Sadly, it was cloudy up here that night :)

Tho if ya stare at that pic for one minute, an image appears.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

weepee wrote: »
    Sadly, it was cloudy up here that night :)

Tho if ya stare at that pic for one minute, an image appears.

I see it too.

brian_cowen1.jpg

• Advertisement

That_Guy wrote: »
    I see it too.

brian_cowen1.jpg

Right, so the original pic was of what fell outta his hair then :D

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Gremlin

Almost certainly 'Chinese lanterns'. People let them off at weddings and special occassions etc (hence the cheering probably) They're like little mini hot air balloons which you light and they float off into the sky. As I'm into astronomy and stuff, I tend to get a lot of e-mails about this kind of thing. Chinese lanterns account for most of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Davmo

I heard someone talking about this on the radio and they described these lights , it is exactly what releasing chinese lanterns would look like. you can google video images of this,the same thing happened in Dunboyne which made it on to a UFO website and was discussed in a paranormal meeting held in Ireland, Its about as paranormal as Brian Cowans face - it turned out to be a wedding celebration finale.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 nodrog

And no they were not an natural electrical phenomenon either, they were in fact sky lanterns from a wedding at the Trim Castle Hotel. The wedding party went up onto the roof and let them go.

Advertisement