Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Dreams now in the East Village

Options
  • 30-07-2009 10:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hey,
    I got a facebook notification from the East Village saying that Electric Dreams 80s night will now be held there, on the first Saturday of every month FREE OF CHARGE!!
    Does anyone know if this is actually replacing the old Electric Dream's night which used to be in the Savoy, and had a 14 euro ticket fee??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭irishcrazyhorse

seriously douth it,they are juist running this on an off night and probly getting paid out by the village instead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭gccorcaigh

seriously douth it,they are juist running this on an off night and probly getting paid out by the village instead

I went to it on Saturday night and it was great craic. Free cocktails when we arrived, the music was fab, real party atmosphere and a nice crowd. It wont be replacing the Electric Dreams in the Savoy, but its going to be on every month on a Sat night in the East Village. Made a nice change from the normal Saturday night music in the East Village :D

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

Do ya have to dress up in lame 80's clothing?
    I think the rochestown Inn are doing a 70's night thing but dunno when.

Bill-e wrote: »
    Do ya have to dress up in lame 80's clothing?
    I think the rochestown Inn are doing a 70's night thing but dunno when.

No you don't have to dress up at all. A few people do, but most wear ordinary clothes. As for the Rochestown Inn, I hate the place at night. Its great on a sunny day when you can sit outside and enjoy the sun and a few drinks, but the place is seriously lacking in atmosphere at night. Plus the "regulars" block up the bar especially at weekends. Its like fighting a battle trying to get a space at the counter when you're looking for a drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

gccorcaigh wrote: »
    Hey,
    I got a facebook notification from the East Village saying that Electric Dreams 80s night will now be held there, on the first Saturday of every month FREE OF CHARGE!!
    Does anyone know if this is actually replacing the old Electric Dream's night which used to be in the Savoy, and had a 14 euro ticket fee??

The two times I was there in the Savoy it was free.

• Advertisement

plazzTT wrote: »
    The two times I was there in the Savoy it was free.

Thats strange - I used go every month and it was always 14 euro!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ElectricDreams

Just so people know we only charge 10 euro for the first Friday of Every month at the Savoy. We occasioanlly run Recession Sessions (with free entry which someone above was lucky enough to have attended) and when we have bands or acts such as the Worlds No.1 Michael Jackson Tribute (4th of Sept 2009) we charge a little more to cover the costs... hence the 14 euro (this guy charges 25sterling for shows). In fariness this has only ever happened twice in our 2 years runnning Electric Dreams events. The individual above who who goes every month @ 14 euro is misinformed... sorry to say. We pride oursleves in putting on a good night and a decent price. We are also doing our roadshow with a stop in the East Village every month (First Saturday) and it is indeed free or charge. So please call in and have a cocktail with us and try blag a free pass to some of our events :). Of course we are always open to suggestions and we can be contacted on our site - www.electricdreams.tv

Hope this helps to clear up any confusion.

Advertisement