Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wexford Info Please

Options
  • 30-07-2009 10:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭

Hi,

Few girls headin to wexford town tomorrow night to see Imelda May in Whites Hotel.

We're looking for somewhere to head out after the gig for a bit of dancing and fun. We're mid twenties. Somewhere that plays chart music would be great if any suggestions. And somewhere with no scangers,have enough of them in dublin :D

Any recommendations for a nice early bird also?
    Oh and how far is talbot hotel from whites if we were walking?

Thanks!

Comments

The Stores, on the Quay. Can't miss it, 10min walk from Whites.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭ramblingcelt

Early bird menu in The Yard is very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭suzieb

Thanks a mill,

Have heard mixed views on the stores but say that will be where we end up alright,prob is our cup of tea!

And defo gonna try the yard,having peek at menu now in preparation!

Thanks
    suzie

edited to add: How much is it into stores?! we're trying to do it cheap and noticed the yard have special offer with free entry to stores before half 11 if we have dinner there for €25. Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭poppy123

Try the vine resturant - yum!

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Big Vern

Suzieb....
    Stores is free before 11 and 8euro there after...
    Head up to the top floor they play a great mix of music up there, mostly chart/dance on the ground floor. It doesnt get too packed on Fri nights, gets mental on Sat nights!! The Lava Lounge have 3 euro drinks on Fri night, not sure what crowd it gets....think the Stores is your best bet...
    BV

• Advertisement

Yeah, top floor would be what your after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

For restaurants, I'd have to agree with The Vine and The Yard but one that gets overlooked is the new Italian, La Scala, in Cornmarket (kinda across the road from Whites). Had a couple of lovely meals there

The top floor in the stores is the place to go alright. Always gets a good crowd, 'dancefloor' is a bit small mind!! But you'll have a good night in there, might head along tonight myself!!!

Thanks for all the tips, never made it to dinner in the end cos traffic was so bad getting down!
    Had nice breakfast today in Sidewalk Cafe? on the Quays,and lovely wexford butter mmmm

The venue for the gig was shi* though and really wasn't impressed. Seen Imelda May in Vicar st in June and the difference in the sound was unbelievable. She was really good but the room isn't a proper music venue so just doesnt work well imo..

The stores were good,we met lots of nice friendly people,one or two rude girls who didn't like the dubs talking to their fella friends but we had fun!

Big Vern I could have been talking to you last night :D

suzieb wrote: »
    Thanks for all the tips, never made it to dinner in the end cos traffic was so bad getting down!
    Had nice breakfast today in Sidewalk Cafe? on the Quays,and lovely wexford butter mmmm

The venue for the gig was shi* though and really wasn't impressed. Seen Imelda May in Vicar st in June and the difference in the sound was unbelievable. She was really good but the room isn't a proper music venue so just doesnt work well imo..

The stores were good,we met lots of nice friendly people,one or two rude girls who didn't like the dubs talking to their fella friends but we had fun!

Big Vern I could have been talking to you last night :D

Hi Suzieb,
    Didnt make the stores Fri night, raging!!! Sounds like you had a good night. Heard the venue for Imeda May wasnt great, they dont usually have gigs in there. Hope to go see Damien Dempsey there in a few weeks.
    I was in the stores Sunday night alright....
    Hope you'll make it down to Wex again soon....

• Advertisement

Big Vern wrote: »
    Hi Suzieb,
    Didnt make the stores Fri night, raging!!! Sounds like you had a good night. Heard the venue for Imeda May wasnt great, they dont usually have gigs in there. Hope to go see Damien Dempsey there in a few weeks.
    I was in the stores Sunday night alright....
    Hope you'll make it down to Wex again soon....

Big Vern,

Was a great night,cant wait to go back!
    The venue was shi*,the sound was terrible and thats not disrespecting imelda may or band but the "function room" shouldn;t be used for gigs.
    I follow Damien Dempsey to a lot of his gigs and it would be an absolute nightmare seeing him there i'd imagine. You need somewhere with high ceilings to appreciate the sound at the big mans gigs i think.
    We're going to see him in slane on the 29th and cannot wait for it! We're camping in slane farm hostel,great value for ticket,transport and tent pitch at €35!

suzieb wrote: »
    Big Vern,

Was a great night,cant wait to go back!
    The venue was shi*,the sound was terrible and thats not disrespecting imelda may or band but the "function room" shouldn;t be used for gigs.
    I follow Damien Dempsey to a lot of his gigs and it would be an absolute nightmare seeing him there i'd imagine. You need somewhere with high ceilings to appreciate the sound at the big mans gigs i think.
    We're going to see him in slane on the 29th and cannot wait for it! We're camping in slane farm hostel,great value for ticket,transport and tent pitch at €35!

Hi Suzieb,
    I think Damien Dempsey is playing the Courtyard in Whites, an outdoor gig. Imelda May was supposed to play there but the demand for tickets was huge so they moved it to a bigger room...
    That Slane gig should be good, hope you get the weather for it!! Im best man at a wedding that day, so wont make it!!!!!!
    BV

Advertisement