Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Motorbike lessons

• 30-07-2009 10:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭

Is there a list of fully qualified motorbike instructors the same way as there are ADI's and if so where do I find it? Also do they cost much the same as car lessons?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 576 ✭✭✭ifah

You will probably get better answers in the Biker section of motoring - but here's my few cents.

do you have a bike ? this will have a big bearing on cost

There is a programme called the Fingal Star Rider program which you could look at. there are also probably lists of instructors on there - look for a ROSPA certified instructor but if you're around Dublin have a chat with Liam/Peter from Aaron Rider Training - great instructors and very competent - they get fabulous reviews on biker.ie from all the residents. Better yet - jump over to biker.ie and have a look in the Newbie section - pretty much every question you have will already have been asked/answered in there.

Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭Old Gill

thanks a million will check that now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

moved from learning to drive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭DriveSkill

The ADI still applies to motorbike instructors - they are just in category (A) !! Its listed on the ADI site which category the instructor is qualified in so can be A, B, C, D or any combination of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭DonkeyRhubarb

David Lyons is an instructor I can highly recommend. Many people here will say the exact same. Google him. You wont be disappointed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭aidan13

David Lyons is an instructor I can highly recommend. Many people here will say the exact same. Google him. You wont be disappointed.

I agree, I got pre test lessons off him in May and I just spend all day on Tuesday with getting the Advanced drivers qualification.

He's the best around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Old Gill wrote: »
    Is there a list of fully qualified motorbike instructors the same way as there are ADI's and if so where do I find it? Also do they cost much the same as car lessons?

Thanks in advance

Gill, check here for the list from the aonbikecare website.

Looking at the addresses of the instructors you can guess their websites, e.g @msa-ireland.com gives you the http://www.msa-ireland.com/ website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

If you're on the northside Liam Foley is a great instructer - he is on the AON & quinn approved list

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭LookBehindYou

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I can't see you winning any fans around here. You might even beat 'cptr on the ignore list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭LookBehindYou

I can't see you winning any fans around here. You might even beat 'cptr on the ignore list.

Not looking for fans, I have me bike,, ha ha, but i would prefer to let people know that there are plenty of choices, so they can ring around and get the best deal for themselves.

i see some Instructors promote themselves on this site in strange ways.

There are good instructors out there, including 1 in Donabate/Finglas, and 1 in Ranelagh, who are good. BUT there are others whose main concern is just to fleece as much money out of people starting out biking and this will put people off getting in to bikes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Did a weekend course with http://www.aaronridertraining.com/ and found it pretty good, Some of the stuff he taught me has saved me once or twice allready.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

aaron rider training are supposed to be class. I know one of the lads. Some legend.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Can't recommend anyone as I didn't get any lessons myself, but I know David Lyons is recommended by a lot of guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

KamiKazi wrote: »
    Can't recommend anyone as I didn't get any lessons myself, but I know David Lyons is recommended by a lot of guys.

I did some advanced training with Dave myself recently and found it excellent. Some good advice given and some that will make biking alot more enjoyable :)

Ended up with my Grade 2 assessment, so happy days :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Hippo1

Did a couple of hours with Peter Bookey of aaron training. Really good. He knows his stuff and well worth the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Brinimartini

Not looking for fans, I have me bike,, ha ha, but i would prefer to let people know that there are plenty of choices, so they can ring around and get the best deal for themselves.

There are good instructors out there, including 1 in Donabate/Finglas, and 1 in Ranelagh, who are good. BUT there are others whose main concern is just to fleece as much money out of people starting out biking and this will put people off getting in to bikes.

Where in Finglas?

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Brinimartini

Where in Finglas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

This thread is from 2009!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

He is training along time.....

• Advertisement
Advertisement