Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sinn Fein is the NI's richest party

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Yeah, I heard that too. Given the extent of their North American fundraising, they have resources that some of the larger global political parties could only dream of.

Look at the lampposts when there are elections. How does a party with such a small mandate afford to produce and erect so many posters?

Also, the election management which they employ in the North is carried out by some of the greatest political analysts on Earth, none of them Irish.

The SF leadership has also invested heavily in PR, negotiation skills, speaking courses, Tiochfadh-Armani suits and image consultants for its senior members.

It is a very well oiled organisation and the likes of Jerry McCabe and the drug addicts of Dublin have paid for that oil.

Yawn.... You must write for the sun you seem to have a lot of pented up anger which of course is unprovable....

Do you know how many people are laughing now.... Election management indeed! That has always been the joke in polling stations how can a party WITHOUT the election strategy teams that Fianna Failure and Fine same have

Election posters.. Now thats interesting. I only read an arguement by sinn fein that wants to ban election posters because of the harm they are doing to the environment. The infact recycle theres as dessie ellis can contest to due to the amount he has stored in his garage,

Lastly invested heavly in PR! You did read there pubkished accounts before writing this dident you! Of course you dont believe that!

Can you actually provide likes to any of these acusations or is just the rambleings of a voter who has failed to see fine same get into power.

Its nice to see tabloid reporters writing on boards, I wondered where they got there information

• Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭Terrontress

Yawn.... You must write for the sun you seem to have a lot of pented up anger which of course is unprovable....

Do you know how many people are laughing now.... Election management indeed! That has always been the joke in polling stations how can a party WITHOUT the election strategy teams that Fianna Failure and Fine same have

Election posters.. Now thats interesting. I only read an arguement by sinn fein that wants to ban election posters because of the harm they are doing to the environment. The infact recycle theres as dessie ellis can contest to due to the amount he has stored in his garage,

Lastly invested heavly in PR! You did read there pubkished accounts before writing this dident you! Of course you dont believe that!

Can you actually provide likes to any of these acusations or is just the rambleings of a voter who has failed to see fine same get into power.

Its nice to see tabloid reporters writing on boards, I wondered where they got there information

I have read and re-read that. I really have tried but I cannot make out one coherent point from what you are attempting to say.

Why not break your points down in to one per post to make them a bit more digestable.

I have read and re-read that. I really have tried but I cannot make out one coherent point from what you are attempting to say.

Why not break your points down in to one per post to make them a bit more digestable.

Considering the amount of spin in the post I would have no chance of making you see that points raised even if i spoon fed my answer back to you

But to put it another way

Can you back up what you said?

Your american funding bit is very funny though! You obv have been on another plannet for a long long time.

Not a shred of proof can be bore by your post- Simple!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,205 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

I'll translate for you

'You have made unsubstantiated statments in your post, could you supply the forum members with some material to back up what you have said'

I'll translate for you

'You have made unsubstantiated statments in your post, could you supply the forum members with some material to back up what you have said'

Noraid, Shinners in Columbia, Northern Bank robbery. Votes perfect to the thousand in NI PR elections to get the maximum number of seats and a load of former terrorists wandering round in expensive suits, flashing toothy grins and singing off the same hymn sheet.

• Advertisement

Noraid, Shinners in Columbia, Northern Bank robbery. Votes perfect to the thousand in NI PR elections to get the maximum number of seats and a load of former terrorists wandering round in expensive suits, flashing toothy grins and singing off the same hymn sheet.

Here we go again

Noraid have published figures of where the money goes and guess what it does not go to ireland. Log onto noraid and see

Columbia - That has load to do with being rich and this is a new addition, its good to see you getting desperate. what has it to do with this subject or your comments

Voters perfect to the thousends? You either mean the green register which is a policy all political partys practice but sinn fein voters have proved the most trustworthy in there yes indication either that or wtf?

Former terriosts in expensive suits? Sounds like the sun again! Link!

Well done we should go another 5 posts by you. By then you will have the full pile of sh1t out, all with no links all with no fact and all the rantings of a person that even if you seen jesus standing in front of you would still not believe it was him.

Please provide something intersting to show why you actually think sinn fein is the richest party( as i have done) or else continue your childish rant somewhere else. Its constantly ruining thread which do not encourage positive political debate.

For example, I could be discussing why the setting up of nama by Fianna fail is a mistake or benefit, There is no point someone saying charlie haughy is a crook cause it is a useless contrabution to a discussion.

A bit like yours, except yours has no proof!

Are we done yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

How does a party with such a small mandate afford to produce and erect so many posters?

Instead of speculating, you'd be better served researching before you try and make assumptions. Poster funds are gathered at a local level, from each local cumann. All activists in each area will fundraise over the course of a long period to ensure that the local branch has visibility come election time.

So - If you are to ask, how? A dedicated grassroots movement, who consistently works hard to fundraise. That's how.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Look at the lampposts when there are elections. How does a party with such a small mandate afford to produce and erect so many posters?.

They are the largest nationalist party in the North.....
    Also, the election management which they employ in the North is carried out by some of the greatest political analysts on Earth, none of them Irish.?.

Names?

Don't FF and FG members work gratis for the SDLP during elections up north?
    The SF leadership has also invested heavily in PR, negotiation skills, speaking courses, Tiochfadh-Armani suits and image consultants for its senior members..?.

Wow - what a ground breaking move on their part. I wonder why no other party ever did that.
    the drug addicts of Dublin have paid for that oil.

You have a source for that allegation? A few convictions or something....?

dlofnep wrote: »
    Instead of speculating, you'd be better served researching before you try and make assumptions. Poster funds are gathered at a local level, from each local cumann. All activists in each area will fundraise over the course of a long period to ensure that the local branch has visibility come election time.

So - If you are to ask, how? A dedicated grassroots movement, who consistently works hard to fundraise. That's how.

Actually there is a good point! Is the number of posters an indication of the ability of a local cumman to fundraise?

Imagine the amount of this can be put into local publicity when the posters are banned from posts!

No doubt this simple thought would have been missed by many when it happens!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Actually there is a good point! Is the number of posters an indication of the ability of a local cumman to fundraise?

Yup, pretty much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,205 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Can you explain how this backs up what you are alleging?

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭DoireNod

Its not hard to have this view point when Sinn Feins leaders were also the IRA's leaders.

Apologies for the late reply, I'm only seeing this now.

I don't know if what you allege is true or not, but even if it were true, it's still not correct to assume that Sinn Féin is the same as the I.R.A. and if one holds such a view, they are either willingly or blindly ignorant.

To put it crudely, George Bush was alleged to be a member of the Skull and Bones society. Does it follow that the Republican party in America is the same as the Skull and Bones society?

On the topic of Sinn Féin and their financial position; dlofnep has it spot on - Sinn Féin are the biggest nationalist party and they do the most grassroots work. Their hard work and diligence as a political entity has evidently paid off as they continue to grow as a party and as I have said, their bank balance can perhaps be seen as a testament to this fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

DoireNod wrote: »
    I don't know if what you allege is true or not, but even if it were true, it's still not correct to assume that Sinn Féin is the same as the I.R.A. and if one holds such a view, they are either willingly or blindly ignorant.

Sinn Fein sell IRA merchandise.

Many of their leaders have admitted to being members of the IRA.

That may be true, but it still does not follow that Sinn Féin is the same as the I.R.A. regardless of how often people claim it to be such.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

While the attitude of SF on some issues sickens me, I think the only valid contribution to this thread has been made by The Minister; the rest of it is a pathetic storm in a teacup.

SF are as entitled to funding as any other terrorist-linked party in the North, and because of the North's history that doesn't put SF in a minority of one.

Yes, I think that funding should be suspended until SF stop making additional monies from selling sick t-shirts, mugs and other crap associated with neanderthal dinosaurs, but other than that they are as entitled as anyone else to anything anyone else is entitled to.

Whether their status as a "cross-border" party skews things or not is a separate issue, because there's no-one to compare them to.

But the ONLY seriously objectionable part of their actual funding is the selling of terrorist crap.

Yes, maybe their grassroot members donated cash from murdering Gardai or robbing banks, but unless there's proof of the main members doing something illegal (which part of me believes is out there, but innocent until proven guilty applies) and unless doing illegal stuff precludes you from getting elected (which unfortunately it doesn't, because there's a good few FF members that would be also out on their ear, including some ACTUALLY found guilty and voted back in) we have to stomach those.

I am at a loss here to understand the points being chellanged! Are you saying

1. That because Sinn fein shops sell IRA merchanside they are the IRA? Does this also imply the same of the people that buy the stuff! Is this a new theory or anti terrorism that can be used to actually catch terriorists as such. "The terrorist is the one wearing the IRA teeshirt" Very simular to the Brit attitude that the terrorist is the once wearing the GAA teeshirt AFIK! Maybe your onto something here. Imagine all those people who bought the che teeshirts in Dunnes stores! Bloody terrorists shopping in Dunnes!

2, More importantly is Sinn fein shops the reason that Sinn fein is NI's richest party? Are people on masses buying these teeshirts and mugs! Is this what is making them so rich! Bloody shame of sinn fein to sell these to make some finance. after all you'd never see Fianna failue or labour make money of anyone. Yeah so what if fianna failure have a national finance draw and so what if labour takes some of my union fees but at least they are not selling michael collins and eamonn develara teeshirts.

This was never really a discussion because you have nailed you colours to the mast! This is a publicity drive for the "Irish Liberal party".... Best of luck! I am told mary harney is dropping in for round table talks on a merger next week. Her health policys might interest you!

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    While the attitude of SF on some issues sickens me, I think the only valid contribution to this thread has been made by The Minister; the rest of it is a pathetic storm in a teacup.

Does this include or exclude your own liam.... Harldly an open minded individual now are you,

If sinn fein ceased anything in the morning you would still never ever consider giveing them a vote so why should they really bow to your request. Put it in comma's if you and others think it improves things but they truly are a "Cross-border" party soon to be non existent border

The rest of what you said is simular hot air to the ministers and obviously unprovable but like many in the media a lame feeble attempt to line it up as guilt by association!

Do you know the Irish liberal party is looking for members?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Yeah, I heard that too. Given the extent of their North American fundraising, they have resources that some of the larger global political parties could only dream of.

All money raised by Sinn Féin the USA stays there, it has to by law.
    Look at the lampposts when there are elections. How does a party with such a small mandate afford to produce and erect so many posters?

No more posters than any other party, and most of the extensive poster coverage is done in a couple of priority constituancies.
    he SF leadership has also invested heavily in PR, negotiation skills, speaking courses, Tiochfadh-Armani suits and image consultants for its senior members

Most of which are done in-house at workshops, I never saw anyone wearing an Armani suit while I was in Sinn Féin.
    It is a very well oiled organisation and the likes of Jerry McCabe and the drug addicts of Dublin have paid for that oil.

Drug addicts in Dublin? You wouldn't know anything about the drug trade if Pablo Escobar himself booted you up the hole, I don't support the IRA or Sinn Féin. But they're not f*cking drug dealers.

Does this include or exclude your own liam.... Harldly an open minded individual now are you,

Depends. Does an "open-minded individual" cease to be "open-minded" if he finds someone robbing his house ? Or does he just find that action unacceptable, regardless of the colour or ethnicity of the robber ?

In my mind, he's still open-minded, treating everyone with respect until they cross a line.
    If sinn fein ceased anything in the morning you would still never ever consider giveing them a vote so why should they really bow to your request.

If SF ceased anything in the morning, it would take a while to trust them, yes. Just as if FF ceased their dodgy and unacceptable goings-on in the morning, would you agree that someone voting for them the day after was naieve ?

If you stop beating your wife in the morning, when should she trust you ? Tomorrow ? Next week ? Next year ?
    Put it in comma's if you and others think it improves things but they truly are a "Cross-border" party soon to be non existent border

The only part of that phrase that should be in quotation marks is "soon to be non existent".

BTW - I'm not baiting with that - I'm just stating facts.
    The rest of what you said is simular hot air to the ministers and obviously unprovable but like many in the media a lame feeble attempt to line it up as guilt by association!

So it's unprovable that SF sell IRA crap ? News to me!

And it's ironic that your blinkered views prevented you from seeing that I was defending SF from some of the opinions. They're as entitled as any to whatever's legally on offer.

But yes, if someone makes money from dodgy deals and selling unwelcome crap, I'd stop paying them (a bit like stopping the local drug dealer from getting the dole that he's otherwise entitled to).
    "The terrorist is the one wearing the IRA teeshirt" Very simular to the Brit attitude that the terrorist is the once wearing the GAA teeshirt AFIK

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: COMPLETELY DIFFERENT; if there was a laugh out loud smiley I'd add it here because of that ridiculous claim! Wearing a GAA teeshirt means you support a GAA team; ergo wearing an IRA teeshirt means....

Ever seen a Chelsea supporter wear a Man U t-shirt ? Even in cases - like the Heineken cup final, where animocities are left aside and many Munster supporters "supported" Leinster, I couldn't see a Munster supporter wearing a Leinster jersey......

Wearing a t-shirt that someone else interprets incorrectly is COMPLETELY different to wearing a t-shirt that DIRECTLY INDICATES your support.
    Do you know the Irish liberal party is looking for members?

Never even knew there was one, and thanks for the tip but I'm far too balanced to join ANY extremist party.

What's that phrase ? "An optimist is someone who accuses a realist of being an pessimist".

FTA69 wrote: »
    I don't support the IRA or Sinn Féin. But they're not f*cking drug dealers.

Odd that you only rebuked one of the two accusations ?

Also, in the interests of discussion (and enlightening us who don't know things) could you back that statement up with facts ?

Yes, it's unfair if there's an element of "under suspicion until proven innocent", but given the things that they ARE ok with (killing, bank robberies, selling items that glorify violence and murder, etc) I think it's understandable if it appears to the neutral observer that they may not have a problem with other objectionable "fundraising" activities.

But if there are facts to prove otherwise, I'll 100% accept them.

• Advertisement

I claimed that there was a link between Sinn Fein and drug abuse because they were training Colombian FARC rebels who finance their operations, endorsed by SF, with the production and supply of illegal narcotics.

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Yes, it's unfair if there's an element of "under suspicion until proven innocent", but given the things that they ARE ok with (killing, bank robberies, selling items that glorify violence and murder, etc)...
    How are Sinn Féin ok with 'killing, bank robberies, selling items that glorify violence and murder [the same as killing?]'.? I'm curious as to how you've come to this conclusion. Do you think the same of the Irish governments and other such organisations, who have and continue to glorify the Easter Rising of 1916? There were murders, bank robberies and various otherwise 'unlawful' acts involved in that. Indeed, had there not been, there would be no Ireland as we know it today.
    I claimed that there was a link between Sinn Fein and drug abuse because they were training Colombian FARC rebels who finance their operations, endorsed by SF, with the production and supply of illegal narcotics.
    Sinn Féin, the political party in 'Northern Ireland' and the 'Republic of Ireland', were training Colombian rebels?

Sinn Féin, the political party in 'Northern Ireland' and the 'Republic of Ireland', were training Colombian rebels?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/northern_ireland/northern_ireland_politics/8175840.stm
    Interesting.

I'm going to drag this out the next time a Shinner tries to claim they are a disadvantaged group.

hmm. i wonder if i could get a tenner of them 'til next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Can'tseeme

Yes

Fooking nonsense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

I claimed (...)arcotics.

You claimed a number of things. I asked a few questions....
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=61409393&postcount=39

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

What about that tenner?

Can'tseeme wrote: »
    Fooking nonsense

No it isn't

Nodin wrote: »
    You claimed a number of things. I asked a few questions....
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=61409393&postcount=39

Why do you need an answer to those questions when you know what I said to be correct?

I made my points and I stand by them.

• Advertisement

Yes
    Can you enlighten me?

Advertisement