Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fatboy slim?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭JoeSchmoe

milltown wrote: »
    Sorry Joe, no offence intended. It was late, I was tired, I forgot the ;)

Yeah I know that, no worries

I can imagine the kind of resentment the people of the locality would built up against these concerts, your quiet leafy subject is invaded ny roaming gangs of piss heads for a weekend. Everywhere you look there would be scum scum scum.

but really the crowd was full of drunk teenagers/early twenties, I can see they all got drunk early and some of them were acting the maggot not doubt, I just find it wierd that the whole crowd gets branded as scum in one foul swoop. Like the only people who weren't scum there was you and your mates.(that's a general you, not you mIlltown) I thought there was a very friendly atmosphere at the gig, chatted away to loads of people, both drunk and sober, all just up for a laugh

Irish teenagers get drunk, no great surprise, people moan on boards, definitely no surprise there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Gerry81

JoeSchmoe wrote: »
    Believe me I'm no knacker, don't even own a tracksuit,
    I own a tracksuit, I wear it for sports, I'm also not a knacker.
    have no souveign (can't even spell it) rings,
    sovereign is the correct spelling. I don't own one either as I think they are hideous but if I decided to purchase one it wouldn't make me a knacker.
    no celtic tattoos,
    its hard to know if you mean celtic football club or the celtic race/culture, I have no tattoos relating to the football club and none directly related to the celtic race/culture but I do have a tattoo based on ancient ruins that some people consider celtic in origin, I'm not a knacker.
    pronounce my "th"s,
    so do most people as do I, do you pronounce yours with the classic british t h pronunciation or with the slightly shorter dublin pronunciation making it sound more like a d? I like to mix it up and interchange between the two, I'm not a knacker.
    have no interest in football,
    I do, not quite as much as I did when i was a kid but I still follow it as do 90% of the male population, I'm not a knacker.
    horses,
    interesting, I would have thought a man of your calibre was up to date on the top show jumpers of the day? I enjoy the odd day out at the races, I'm not a knacker
    stolen cars,
    me neither, unless of course its mine or it somehow relates to this song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jx3aLA9VsVQ , I'm not a knacker
    heroin,
    good for you, me neither, but it saddens me to see the many people that do go down this road, usually through lack of opportunities and education but believe me it also affects people that have had everything they've ever wanted in life and i hope it never shoots up through the veins of that high horse you're currently sitting on.
    don't tuck my jeans into my white socks,
    If I happen to be cycling in jeans and white socks then yes, one side gets tucked in, I'm not a kancker.

p.s I also do a wicked moonwalk.
    my idea of formal wear is a nice crisp suit
    do you? I don't own nor have I any aspirations to own a nice crisp suit, the lifestyle they represent goes against everything I believe in, does that make me a knacker?
    not a check shirt or a white blue and navy striped jumper from pennies,
    wouldn't be into them either but like you and your nice crisp suit thats what some people feel comfortable in.
    don't know any of the gardas in my local station,
    I do, i used to play football with one of them, he's from the same area as me and is now works in the station in the area I live, I'm not a knacker either.
    don't smoke Johnny blue,
    not my brand of choice but when I run short i'll gladly take what I'm given, I'm not a knacker.
    never sup dutch gold,
    I have done on many occasions but there is now better quality cheap beer available so I tend to leave it alone, I'm not a knacker
    have never been to Dr Quirkies,
    me neither, no real interest in video games so why would I bother?
    don't think darude is the greatest tune ever,
    I'm pretty sure that nobody thinks darude is the greatest tune ever but you may find a lot of people that think darude's tune sandstorm is the greatest. Its not a tune i would enjoy as its not to my personal taste. I alos find it strange that you could judge somebody based on their musical prefrences, surely music is the one thing in this world that has the power to unite us all?
    never grew a bumfluff stash,
    did you start shaving as a pre-pubescent? thats kinda odd.
    have been in a bookies about 5 times in my life,
    I've been there many times, sometimes i win, sometimes I lose, the same when I gamble online or at the course, pretty sure i'm still not a kancker
    I listen to a lot more reggae than Bob Marley and UB40,
    do you really? well i suggest you stick to the basics because the peace,love,unity,respect ethos that the music preaches has clearly gone way over your head.
    wouldn't even know when the next tracey chapman gig is on.
    what? no seriously, what?
    get on well with my Dad,
    good for you, but for a multitude of reasons unfortunately i don't, I'm still quite sure I'm not a knacker
    Don't watch You're a Star/x Factor/you've been framed,
    you really should check out the audition rounds of the first two programs, comical gold.
    basically I'm not a knacker
    no i'm quite sure you're not and nor am I, nor is it certain anyone that partakes in/watches/listens to/owns/wears any or all of the things you have listed above a knacker.

Just so you and your highly educated mouth are quite clear, a kancker is person that performs the trade of rendering animals that are unfit for human consumption, usually into glue or dog meat.

so no, I wouldn't say you are a knacker, a pretentious bigot with very little grasp on the world around them?????? eh, what do I know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Jeez, that was a long reply to an obvious p1sstake.

Think you've waaay too much time on your hands buddy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Gerry81

BaZmO* wrote: »

first of all it's not a pisstake, its that idiots opinion and secondly too much time on my hands? coming from the man with over 8000 posts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

BaZmO* wrote: »

ah baz leave the knacker alone:pac:

Gerry81 wrote: »
    first of all it's not a pisstake, its that idiots opinion and secondly too much time on my hands? coming from the man with over 8000 posts.
    8,000 post in 6 years ya gombeen!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Everyone who wasn't a knacker seen the obviousness of the piss take, maybe it was too close to home. But i suspect it's more that you are devoid of humour and the ability to see a piss take when it smacks you between the eyes. That rebuttal was embarrassing, my sensitive delicate ole flower.
    do you? I don't own nor have I any aspirations to own a nice crisp suit, the lifestyle they represent goes against everything I believe in,

Brilliant.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=61430986 - last few pages:
    The young crowd for metallica were so tame in comparison, they were all polite and kept to themselves, however the absolute SCUM that we're lingering around Marley last night were starting fights, young skobies asking everyone to buy them drink and going ballistic when they were refused, giving the Gardai abuse etc.
    +1 on the skangers too. I mean, jeez louise. Unreal.

I live in the area and it was disgusting to see so many skobies, red-faced from drink, pissing up against the wall on Grange Road so early in the day, on the way up to the park. Could they not have held on until they got to the pub or the Park? Nobody wants to see this kind of craic in their neighbourhood.
    I saw one skobe pull a girl's shades off her head and stamp on it - there is no need for that kind of stupid sh1te.
    Holy Jesus....
    I've never seen so many knackers in my life...<snip>
    Fairly close to the front and some lads with their tops off started a fire... must have been going for a good 10 or 15 mins before the stewards spotted it
    I work in a petrol station quite close by and the cops had to be called just so the station could be shut (Place closes at 11 on the dot, scum turn up at about twenty past, demanding cigarettes, we couldnt sell them the smokes even if we wanted to! tills were closed added up etc, they start banging the windows and throwing shít around).

The surrounding area was covered in rubbish this morning.

I bumped into about 10 different people I know at the gig and almost every one said the same thing to me about the crowd. It was not just drunk teens, alcohol or not you can see that they are scumbags, end of story. This is not a snobbish thing, If it looks like a nacker, walks like a nacker and talks like a nacker - its a nacker.

Seriously anyone who was there must have seen the amount of lads walking around with their tops off, celtic jerseys tucked into their tracksuit jerseys. The only reason it might have been considered a 'Friendly Crowd" was because 99% of them were munching pills like tic-tacs. Even still i saw a few fights and guys getting carted of by police and stewards. I stood towards the back for most of the gig and was not drinking, so would have seen more than if I was in the thick of the crowd all night.

I'm going to try to get confirmation on that stabbings number but i saw the text myself. It does sound like a massive number, but you never know. Papers do not always get hold of this stuff, loads of stuff goes on at concerts every year you don't hear about it the papers.

Zascar wrote: »
    The only reason it might have been considered a 'Friendly Crowd" was because 99% of them were munching pills like tic-tacs.

God help anyone near them on the comedown. Even pilled out of their heads you better be really nice to them or they will turn in a split second. On the way home i seen a few squad cars flying up towards the place, i wonder why.

• Advertisement

posted on emi
    A group of my friends were in there for only 15 minutes around 5pm when a fight broke out between scumbags from dublin and meath, one of my friends got caught up in the crossfire and some scumbag stabbed him 5 times in the chest.
    Lucky to be alive and escaped with only a punctured lung. The **** that did it got away. This all happened in the space of 12 seconds. We're telling him to sue the ****e out of mcd. Ya have to be able to go to a gig without getting stabbed. Should never have been a knive in the place had people been searched right. And its the securitys job to ensure no one gets hurt, let alone get stabbed.

seriously,thats ****ing sickening.i dont care how your dressed but if your purposely bringing knifes to a gig your a ****ing knacker
    heard that hardly anyone was searched going in.

Over 20k people going into a venue you are not going to stop some scumbag bringing a knife to a gig. For that sort of search to be carried out with that many people would take all day, literally. It's just not possible with such a high number.

as suggested on another site they should use metal detectors

They did. Funny thing about hand held metal detectors, they are sensitive as fook and detect belts, bits of metal on coats, keys, coins, you name it. The buzzer will go off for every single person. Hardly ideal when dealing with thousands of people, any other suggestions.

well to be honest if it came down to waiting a bit longer to get in or letting it be a free for all id pick getting in later.
    they can do it in festivals elsewhere so i dont see why it cant be implemented in ireland.

i was also talking about the walk through metal detectors.in the states they give you a bag where you put your possesions and you take off your belt,watch any metal and walk through.if it beeps your put to the side for a pat down.its a pretty smooth system.

also like to add that if these where in place it would also be a huge deterent for people to even try and get in with weapons.

• Advertisement

Do they not use metal detectors getting into sports events and the like in the USA?

Gerry81 wrote: »
    I own a tracksuit, I wear it for sports, I'm also not a knacker.

sovereign is the correct spelling. I don't own one either as I think they are hideous but if I decided to purchase one it wouldn't make me a knacker.

its hard to know if you mean celtic football club or the celtic race/culture, I have no tattoos relating to the football club and none directly related to the celtic race/culture but I do have a tattoo based on ancient ruins that some people consider celtic in origin, I'm not a knacker.

so do most people as do I, do you pronounce yours with the classic british t h pronunciation or with the slightly shorter dublin pronunciation making it sound more like a d? I like to mix it up and interchange between the two, I'm not a knacker.

I do, not quite as much as I did when i was a kid but I still follow it as do 90% of the male population, I'm not a knacker.

interesting, I would have thought a man of your calibre was up to date on the top show jumpers of the day? I enjoy the odd day out at the races, I'm not a knacker

me neither, unless of course its mine or it somehow relates to this song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jx3aLA9VsVQ , I'm not a knacker

good for you, me neither, but it saddens me to see the many people that do go down this road, usually through lack of opportunities and education but believe me it also affects people that have had everything they've ever wanted in life and i hope it never shoots up through the veins of that high horse you're currently sitting on.

If I happen to be cycling in jeans and white socks then yes, one side gets tucked in, I'm not a kancker.

p.s I also do a wicked moonwalk.

do you? I don't own nor have I any aspirations to own a nice crisp suit, the lifestyle they represent goes against everything I believe in, does that make me a knacker?

wouldn't be into them either but like you and your nice crisp suit thats what some people feel comfortable in.

I do, i used to play football with one of them, he's from the same area as me and is now works in the station in the area I live, I'm not a knacker either.

not my brand of choice but when I run short i'll gladly take what I'm given, I'm not a knacker.

I have done on many occasions but there is now better quality cheap beer available so I tend to leave it alone, I'm not a knacker

me neither, no real interest in video games so why would I bother?

I'm pretty sure that nobody thinks darude is the greatest tune ever but you may find a lot of people that think darude's tune sandstorm is the greatest. Its not a tune i would enjoy as its not to my personal taste. I alos find it strange that you could judge somebody based on their musical prefrences, surely music is the one thing in this world that has the power to unite us all?

did you start shaving as a pre-pubescent? thats kinda odd.

I've been there many times, sometimes i win, sometimes I lose, the same when I gamble online or at the course, pretty sure i'm still not a kancker

do you really? well i suggest you stick to the basics because the peace,love,unity,respect ethos that the music preaches has clearly gone way over your head.

what? no seriously, what?

good for you, but for a multitude of reasons unfortunately i don't, I'm still quite sure I'm not a knacker

you really should check out the audition rounds of the first two programs, comical gold.

no i'm quite sure you're not and nor am I, nor is it certain anyone that partakes in/watches/listens to/owns/wears any or all of the things you have listed above a knacker.

Just so you and your highly educated mouth are quite clear, a kancker is person that performs the trade of rendering animals that are unfit for human consumption, usually into glue or dog meat.

so no, I wouldn't say you are a knacker, a pretentious bigot with very little grasp on the world around them?????? eh, what do I know?

It was a pisstake, pretentious bigot? my word.

and don't get high and mighty about the correct or original definition of words, knacker started out as someone who dealt in animal carcasses, moved on to mean any member of the travelling community and now means any kind of low life degenerate. Things changes.

the verb "to like" used to mean something similar to "to please" "Doth the music like you?" Shakespeare would say, sounds stupid now.

And the rest of you, I went to the gig got there about 4.30, had a pleasant day, chatted with some people, danced to some average music and when it was over got on a bus back into town. That was my experience, no scum fest, no knacker zoo, no violence, no stress. I can't have another experience, that's the one i had, there may have been terrible things happening at or around the gig I dodn't see any of it.

Do they not use metal detectors getting into sports events and the like in the USA?

im not exactly a sports fan but yeah im pretty sure they have them in place at every stadium.

they also have them in schools.
    granted a smaller crowd but an effective deterent id imagine

oh and if you pronounce there are dere and three as tree, then you can't pronounce you "th"s properly, there is absolutely nothing wrong with pronouncing this sound that way, either way is fine by me. knackers tend to pronounce it d mind you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

JoeSchmoe wrote: »
    oh and if you pronounce there are dere and three as tree, then you can't pronounce you "th"s properly, there is absolutely nothing wrong with pronouncing this sound that way, either way is fine by me. knackers tend to pronounce it d mind you

I always knew everyone from munster was a knacker:D

• Advertisement

seannash wrote: »
    well to be honest if it came down to waiting a bit longer to get in or letting it be a free for all id pick getting in later.
    they can do it in festivals elsewhere so i dont see why it cant be implemented in ireland.

Much longer wait than a bit longer thats my point. I was at a festival in europe recently and didn't get searched.
    i was also talking about the walk through metal detectors.in the states they give you a bag where you put your possesions and you take off your belt,watch any metal and walk through.if it beeps your put to the side for a pat down.its a pretty smooth system.

It will be years and years before you see walk through airport style metal detectors set up outside music venues in this country
    also like to add that if these where in place it would also be a huge deterent for people to even try and get in with weapons.

Agreed but its not going to happen.
    im not exactly a sports fan but yeah im pretty sure they have them in place at every stadium.

they also have them in schools.
    granted a smaller crowd but an effective deterent id imagine

America is a whole new ball game to Ireland though, in fairness.

I think the best deterrent at the moment would be to put a load of signs up coming up towards the search saying "Search with metal detectors ahead to permit entry" or some such shit and hope they throw away any weapons, not ideal of course

Davei141 wrote: »
    Much longer wait than a bit longer thats my point. I was at a festival in europe recently and didn't get searched.

It will be years and years before you see walk through airport style metal detectors set up outside music venues in this country

Agreed but its not going to happen.

America is a whole new ball game to Ireland though, in fairness.
    like was suggested if they can do it week in week out at stadiums in the states(yes i know its not ireland) why couldnt the same standards be enforced in ireland.

i cant see any reason bar the cost.the lines into the stadiums move fairly fast so the wait time isnt really an issue.ive experienced it at festivals over there.

if there are half as many incidents as was suggested the law suits against the organisers will be more costly than it would have taken to implement better security.

just think its a bit of a shame that people accept this as the norm

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Metal detectors aside, can anyone tell me why they do not have twice as many bars so you do not have to queue for 15 mins (or more) to get a pint?

Surely if they had more bars they would sell way more booze, and I'm sure make enough extra cash to cover the cost of the extra staff. Or am I wrong?

I rarely drink that much at converts like this cause I cannot be assed to queue for that long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Think about it the more bars, the more booze consumed, the more hassle for the security staff.

like was suggested if they can do it week in week out at stadiums in the states(yes i know its not ireland) why couldnt the same standards be enforced in ireland.

i cant see any reason bar the cost.the lines into the stadiums move fairly fast so the wait time isnt really an issue.ive experienced it at festivals over there.

if there are half as many incidents as was suggested the law suits against the organisers will be more costly than it would have taken to implement better security.

just think its a bit of a shame that people accept this as the norm

People accept it as the norm because hundreds of concerts pass off without incident every year. Although next time there is a dance concert in marley or some place similar i can see different measures being put in but i don't think it will go as far as walk through detectors.
    Zascar wrote: »
    Metal detectors aside, can anyone tell me why they do not have twice as many bars so you do not have to queue for 15 mins (or more) to get a pint?

Surely if they had more bars they would sell way more booze, and I'm sure make enough extra cash to cover the cost of the extra staff. Or am I wrong?

I rarely drink that much at converts like this cause I cannot be assed to queue for that long.

Like vinyljunkie said, same reason why you usually won't get vodka. Too messy. The toilets though i never understand why they don't get more

We're kind of heading into the area of social engineering now. If it was an enforced offence to be an abusive drunk and the fines were pretty substantial for it like it is in australia then we'd probably have a lot less problemsat gigs and they could sell any type of drink they liked. But then we'd have nothing to bitch about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭Fintomiginto

Have to say lads I thought the crowd was alright and I was pleasantly surprised. There were a few heads but they were in the extreme minority from what I could gauge.

Burns & Fake Blood stole the show.

David Guetta & Calvin Harris were a load of big cheesy ****.

Dizzee Rascal or stupid ***** brother as my friend labelled him was atrocious but I didnt expect any different.

Fatboy was alright, a couple of great tunes but a load of average party tunes also.

Had a great day though and didnt witness any trouble whatsoever.

Have to say lads I thought the crowd was alright and I was pleasantly surprised. There were a few heads but they were in the extreme minority from what I could gauge.

Burns & Fake Blood stole the show.

David Guetta & Calvin Harris were a load of big cheesy ****.

Dizzee Rascal or stupid ***** brother as my friend labelled him was atrocious but I didnt expect any different.

Fatboy was alright, a couple of great tunes but a load of average party tunes also.

Had a great day though and didnt witness any trouble whatsoever.

A voice of reason at last, pretty much my feeling on the day exactly although I thought Dizzie was fun, but nothing more than expected

• Closed Accounts Posts: 634 ✭✭✭nomorebadtown

i dont know what gig you guys were at! the place was wall-to-wall townies in every state of agro sheitfacedness. when we were hangig out in front of the entrance for a bit we couldnt believe what we were seeing, its the only gig i ever felt intimidated at if i'm honest. i cant believed nobody was killed before the gig.inside the place and after werent so bad at all though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sienna123

I thought Dj Burns was good,being on early I guess he had to keep things a bit more housey.
    Calvin Harris was really great,enjoyed him a lot.
    Fake Blood was the highlight for me,he played an unreal set!
    David Guetta was awful,Playing "when love takes over" twice and "Love is gone" three times(puke!)
    Fatboy Slim's intro was fantastic,went a bit cheesy after that...
    I left an hour into his set,Couldn't take the amount of scumbags and hostility in the crowd anymore.Having driven up from Cork with my Boyfriend we were seriously dissapointed!
    We had some scummy bitches come up to us and start shouting right in my face calling me a "Dublin Whore" and then proceed to push me as we tried to walk away all the while screaming at me that I "had no right to be there" Even queing to go into the gig we got a bad vibe,some guys behind us were threatening to puke on us!

There was no escape either,no matter where we stood in the pitch we were surrounded by drunken a**holes.
    I work as a dj and I've been to many big festivals and parties but never encountered this utter crap.I can honestly say I would never attend a gig in Dublin again.:mad:

Next time I'll just watch it on youtube!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭gsparx

I lived in the states for a long time and I don't ever remember going through a metal detector for a gig. I certainly never had to hand over my belt and coins like at the airport.
    I definitely had pat downs and pocket searches at certain clubs but nothing too high tech.
    But for years hip hop shows were banned where I lived because there had been so many shooting incidents at hip-hop shows. They basically discriminated against a genre of music because of the trouble associated with it. The police didn't want the gigs to happen and the promoters/ clubs risked losing their license.
    So it's a problem everywhere. Certain events are going to attract a thuggish element.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭A_Fitz

All of the people on that line up are musical abominations

I travelled down to Cork to the Jazz Festival with my partner and I was also seriously disappointed too, I was watching Gerard Rafferty and I had to leave just after the Sax solo in baker street because some feen came over to me and called me "a big hairy langer" and threatened to wipe some snot on my sleeve. I couldn't stand the abuse any more.

I work as a saxophone player and have been to many Jazz festivals and parties. I can honesty say I'm never going to that southern little jumped up excuse for a city again.

this is also a piss take

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Just talking to my little bro there and 2 mates of his were attacked from behind watching the gig. One of them just got a few digs in the head the other thought he only got a few digs in the back but when they got away they realised he hadnt been punched in the back but stabbed. 4 knife wounds in total which thank god didnt hit any organs. He is grand but still scares the sh!t out of me that it could have been my little brother that got stabbed.

Im 27 and have been going to gigs since I was 14. Been to some pretty knackery events like Cream nights in the point, 2 Creamfields festivals, Oxegen:p and been to dance events in Marley before and ive never heard the like of this. ****e pills me thinks. The knacks arent loved up anymore.

They might need to see about introducing measures to ban people from gigs and events the same way they do with football hooligans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Cant see the point in people complaining really. If you go to a concert which primarily consists of dance music you have to expect there will be carry on there that many will find offensive. Security was poor enough though. Two lads were searching people while a Guard stood back watching. Not sure if he was taking her handy looking at the talent passing or if he wasn't allowed to become involved in the search but they certainly could have done more. Wouldn't take much effort to get stuff past them. Simple job down the pants and you'd be sorted. Apart from all that I thought the concert was good. The opening to Fatboy's set was fairly unreal and the lasers were class. The rain really added to the effect of them. Also fairly mad seeing a video of Iggy Pop in the middle of it all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Yeah, no bottles? My @rse. Hundreds of people got them in. Saw lads with bags full of Dutchie.

Anyways, I remember FBS using a really iconic rock song, but for the life of me I cant recall what the song was. Anybody know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Id imagine your thinking of sunshine of your love by cream. It was savage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Anyways, I remember FBS using a really iconic rock song, but for the life of me I cant recall what the song was. Anybody know?

It was Sunshine of Your Love by the Cream.

gsparx wrote: »
    I lived in the states for a long time and I don't ever remember going through a metal detector for a gig. I certainly never had to hand over my belt and coins like at the airport.
    I definitely had pat downs and pocket searches at certain clubs but nothing too high tech.
    But for years hip hop shows were banned where I lived because there had been so many shooting incidents at hip-hop shows. They basically discriminated against a genre of music because of the trouble associated with it. The police didn't want the gigs to happen and the promoters/ clubs risked losing their license.
    So it's a problem everywhere. Certain events are going to attract a thuggish element.
    yeah clubs didnt employ any metal detectors but stadiums do.couple of gigs in central park had the wands and pocket searches.
    to be honest though any dance music gig i attended there waqs never an undesireable element at.but i do thik its because of the legal drinking age of 21 that they enforce

• Advertisement

Maybe MCD should try hiring some decent, professional security, instead of some jumped-up local thugs, like they usualy do. Bunch of money-hungry *****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Vertigo100 wrote: »
    Id imagine your thinking of sunshine of your love by cream. It was savage.
    That was it. Gonna see if I can get my hands on a recording of that:)
    Sean_K wrote: »
    It was Sunshine of Your Love by the Cream.
    Beaten to it:) Thanks anyways.

That was it. Gonna see if I can get my hands on a recording of that:)

thats actually a really old remix.hoxton whores did the remix.
    very surprised to hear he played that,he been playing that track a long time

If all the stories about people being stabbed are true there is no way that this won't happen again if they aren't reported to the relevant authorities. No point in complaining to your friends or in cyberspace.

Promoters will only provide the amount of security, facilities, etc. that they've told that they need. They are there to make a profit after all. Until we all start to complain about unacceptable organisation nothing will ever be done. It worked with Oxegen.

Just on the security thing, I remember there used to be really tight security for any dance gigs that were in the Point. Everybody was patted down and little drug pockets searched. You certainly wouldn't have gotten any drink or weapons in.

I'd also be interested to see waht the age spread is between the people that thought it was a knacker fest and those that thought it was bleedin rapeh! ;)
    Generally the younger folk that haven't been to that many gigs tend to be more tolerant (or oblivious) than the well seasoned gig goer.

A_Fitz wrote: »
    All of the people on that line up are musical abominations

Thats a fukkin ridiculous statement. Burns and Fake blood were brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

lol not quite sure what happened there...I coulda sworn the previous post wasn't there when I posted:o

• Advertisement

Daroxtar wrote: »
    Thats a fukkin ridiculous statement. Burns and Fake blood were brilliant.

Didn't realise they were on the line-up, and TBH I know **** all about them.......but let's say barring them, the rest was indeed ****ing putrid

• Registered Users Posts: 33 ibeatza

FAKE BLOOD was wicked, i was more excited to see him but he didnt dissapoint, felt like not many people were feelin his set but it was the best set of the say without a doubt
    tman wrote: »
    The support piss all over fatboy slim... Well, Fake Blood do anyway...

Saw Fatboy at electric picnic ages ago, he got the crowd going, but it just felt like a lazy, rehearsed dj set... I had downloaded a live set from a couple of months before, and the set he played that night was more or less verbatim

€70 is a total gyp... Going to get loaded in the park in London for around €50 and they actually have some proper headliners playing there (Orbital for one!) (Oh crap, I'm beginning to sound like Jonny... Shoot me!;))

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭brianc27

A_Fitz wrote: »
    Didn't realise they were on the line-up, and TBH I know **** all about them.......but let's say barring them, the rest was indeed ****ing putrid

fake blood is f*cking terrible, so your prvious statement holds up just fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

In regards to the amount of stabbings actually at this, one lad was on the Gerry Ryan show this morning after being stabbed at the gig. The Guards told him that there were indeed more than 20 stabbings that night, now that's really something and didn't make headlines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

20 stabbings?????????????WTF??

• Advertisement
Advertisement