Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disable Xbox Live Gold automatic renewal via Xbox.com - Finaly!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Yeah links gone for me too and my cc they have is gone and out of date, Trying to get it cut off so i can get a card come dec, any help please?

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Noobsaibot21

Yes, you have to ring to turn off auto renewal. If you want to remove the card from the account for good, go to xbox.com > my account > manage payment options > remove (beside your card)

* Note: you wont be able to remove the card if it is tied to a currently active gold subscription so you need to ring to turn off auto renewal first.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

I called up today to cancel automatic renewal and everything was sorted within 5 minutes. It's a pain that it can't be done online but the customer service staff were fairly helpful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

So what's the number??

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Qwert1

number is 353 12420758 from a mobile or 1800 509 186 from a landline. had to do it myself, not too much hassle and took about 5 minutes. complete joke that you have to ring them at all just to prevent the auto renewal, can't trust microsoft.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Called MS back in Dec 09 and asked that they removed my cc details and turn off auto renewal. The (sounded) Dutch? Guy I spoke to asked me why I was doing so, and I told him that the cost was too high, and that I could get codes online or from Smiths etc at almost half price.

Did it stop them taking €59.99 from my account this month?

Did it feck!

Called them yesterday, gave out, they apologised profusely and issued a refund, spoke with an Irish guy who actually said that he could see that I asked for auto renewal to be cancelled and that it was a disgrace this wasn't followed through!

Also, he couldn't explain why a B&M (smyths) were far cheaper than renewing by their own online service! ( smyths 39.99, vs MS 59.99}

Advertisement