Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a tiler for marble tiling

Options
  • 30-07-2009 11:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Need a tiler who has experience in tiling full bathrooms i.e. walls and floors in marble. Dublin area.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭skingtile

what type of marble, what yardage would be involved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 regc38

23 sqm of crema marfil 20cm thick

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

regc38 wrote: »
    Need a tiler who has experience in tiling full bathrooms i.e. walls and floors in marble. Dublin area.

Hi PM'd you with the No of a tiler. A couple of precautions to bear in mind with marble.

1. Dont scrimp! Make sure you seal it. No matter where it is!
    2. Marble is generally a very thick tile. Because of this I have seen a massive amount of problems when you fit it around quadrant trays. Do not buy the shower door until the tiling is done.
    3. Depending on the quality of the marble it might have so pits and holes. This tends to fade with the higher quality marble. My attitude to this is its best to buy a couple of extra pces and use the best quality pcs on the floor. There is nothing wose than hearing of a womens heal go through a marble floor on a saturday night before she gets ready to go out. Better still "Ban high heal stilletos" Yes i know they look good! Very good!:eek:
    4. Lastly, If you do get pits in the floor I have seen good tilers bring the tile back to life with a bit of filler!:eek: Yes i know it sounds like cowboy stuff but bear in mind despite being solid marble flip the lovely glossy surface over and look at the dull back surface for ideas of just how bad the tile is.

Enjoy. I love marble!

Advertisement