Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kindlestown, behind donnybrook phare

Options
  • 30-07-2009 11:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

There are a couple of 3 bedroom houses for sale here, and they are closer to Greystones and bus routes than houses in charlesland. They'd also have a garden adn no management fees. So why does everybody WINCE and make a face when I say I'm thinking of that estate!

HOW bad is it?! I don't set out to be snooty, but I guess I wouldn't fit in if there were loads of drug deals going on around me!;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

Foxytocin wrote: »
    There are a couple of 3 bedroom houses for sale here, and they are closer to Greystones and bus routes than houses in charlesland. They'd also have a garden adn no management fees. So why does everybody WINCE and make a face when I say I'm thinking of that estate!

HOW bad is it?! I don't set out to be snooty, but I guess I wouldn't fit in if there were loads of drug deals going on around me!;)

Ive dropped off a couple of people there. It seems a bit more working class than other parts of Greystones but its hardly Peckham... errr, i mean Finglas. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,936 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

has had a bad rep in the past, perhaps no longer deserved. Theres been discussions of it on here before, most people living there seem very happy with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Foxytocin

Thanks for your honest comments both of you. I have two children and I would worry that I might have different priorities to neighbouring families. I wouldn't want to appear to have delusions of grandeur!! But I'd be embarrassed to have to go outside and haul them away of a gang of kids to come inside and study... could be awkward. That could happen anywhere I know.

Anybody else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Foxytocin

loyatemu wrote: »
    has had a bad rep in the past, perhaps no longer deserved. Theres been discussions of it on here before, most people living there seem very happy with it.

I will try and find the old threads later, when I've a moment. I'll read through them. TVM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

I live in Kenmare, which is basically part of Kindlestown.

Its a grand place. Plenty of nice places/people in it. Yes, it is very working class. Ill admit there are a good few scumbags but being what they call a '****in hippy' I never get too much hassle.

Its not a place where street races happen every night and as regards drug deals, youd want to be looking out for them or asking around to really know about them.
    Foxytocin wrote: »
    But I'd be embarrassed to have to go outside and haul them away of a gang of kids to come inside and study... could be awkward. That could happen anywhere I know.
    I wouldnt worry about that, not everyone up here is a ne'er-do-well.

All in all, its not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. Have a chat to the 'could-be-neighbours' when viewing and youll soon get a feel for the place.

Hope it helps.:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement