Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Swan

• 30-07-2009 11:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 291 ✭✭

So every morning i pass over an overpass on the new Limerick bypass in Laois, and right beside the road is an excavated pond with a solitary Black Swan calmy paddling in it.
    Its a pretty incongruous sight as I havent seen too many outside parks and such so I'm guessing it must be an escapee. Anyone know where it may have come from or if i should check for a tag; seeing as we are closing in on shooting season!!!!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

I don't think you need worry about wildfowlers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

It's just an escapee.

Why worry because of shooting season? It's no more likely to be shot than an swan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Bing3, check the wildlife acts and open season orders. Swans can't be hunted and it would be pointless to shoot them anyway as their carcass is deemed not to be great eating at all.

Advertisement