Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

'True Blood', 'Hung', and 'Entourage' - All renewed!

• 30-07-2009 11:31pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭

HBO have announced that they've picked up 'True Blood' for another season. Excellent news (although I wasn't worried as it's their biggest show now) - the new season is very good.

They've also renewed 'Hung' which I haven't seen and 'Entourage' (sigh) which has been riding the coat tails of 'True Blood's success.

But hurrah - more 'True Blood'!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

Must start watching True Blood, only heard good things about it.

Entourage is a decent show but I wonder how they long they can push it, season 6 hasnt gotten off to a great start but season 5 was brilliant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Fol20

im still loving season 6 of entourage..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Tried to watch a bit of Hung but got bored. Must try again.

Gonna give Warehouse 13 a bash if only for the feature length pilot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Great news for "True Blood" though it didn't even cross my mind that it wouldn't be picked up. Never watched "Entourage" and "Hung" still hasn't really been stellar, just ok so far but it must be doing well enough... But woo hoo, more "True Blood" :D.
    Gonna give Warehouse 13 a bash if only for the feature length pilot.

You might want to watch the first three episodes - the pilot is a bit weak IMO, probably because of the feature length - it feels like filler in many parts. Not a bad lighthearted show though but again, nothing has happened so far to make it really stand out...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Entourage is great.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MaceFace

Yes - Entourage Season 6 rocks.

Didn't we see the same negative comments last year at the start of Season 5?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Hooray for 'True Blood' - superb stuff!

Watched the first 2 episodes of 'Hung' but it seems like fairly average stuff, but maybe it'll pick up.

Think 'Entourage' is utter cack tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Wow... I'm gonna have to check out True Blood after all of the praise that's getting heaped on it here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Yeah for True Blood, although it never even occoured to me that it could be cancelled because of how good it is.

I haven't watched the other shows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Hung has potential but is a bit slow and uninteresting so far in my opinion. Entourage is silly entertainment, hot chick and movie star drama is always watchable, especially with Jeremy Piven the only person who can act in the show.
    Have yet to watch True Blood, must pick up the early stuff and give it a try.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Great news regarding True Blood (quality show), not that bothered about Entourage to be honest and I have yet to take a look at Hung.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Entourage is really flogging a dead horse these days and True Blood was never going to get axed. I've never heard of Hung before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

I've never heard of Hung before.

It's only aired four episodes so far, so it's early days for it. I'm surprised it was given a second season so quickly. But that's what I appreciate about the cable networks, like HBO: they give their shows a chance to succeed and not cancel them after two or three episodes. Something like True Blood would never had made it on mainstream networks after the first three episodes, which were pretty dire... (of course, it also would never make it to network TV in the first place, given its' graphic nature!).

Advertisement