Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My ban

Options
  • 30-07-2009 11:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭

I got banned today, because of this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055623117&goto=newpost

As you can see, upon having another user lie about comments I made about a moderator, 'Hill Billy' and a user 'Martron', I asked that.. well tbh I cant remember exactly what I said but I know I used the word "retard" as a way of referring to the user who was lying about me.

I feel that I was only defending myself from being banned once again, and while the method in which I used was a bit harsh.. I do NOT think I should have been banned. Is there any way that I can earn, for want of a better word.. an 'infraction' as a warning? Instead of a 7 day ban?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

After being banned twice in two weeks you call someone a retard and only get banned for a week. I think you deserve a longer ban tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭QOTSA90

My first ban, in all fairness, was for going off topic.. which I was un-aware was against the rules.

In all fairness, my first ban was for going off topic, which I dont think is quite as bad as name-calling.. as well as the fact that I was un-aware that going off topic was against the rules.

You think calling someone a retard is acceptable then?

Gordon wrote: »
    You think calling someone a retard is acceptable then?

You quote me stating that name calling is acceptable and Ill 'fess up and suffer the consequences.

I never said it was acceptable, but what I did to him and what he tried to do to me are two completely different things, please use the link I provided and look at what was written about me..

The user ADzER made up PM's showing me saying things about users and mods that I just wouldnt be stupid enough to say.

• Advertisement

He has been punished for that. Calling him a retard for it was still unacceptable in this gentlemanly interweb we have here.

Don't feed the trolls.

Advertisement