Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sponsorship in Oz

Options
  • 30-07-2009 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭

Hey all, my guy is about to get sponsored by his employer to stay permanently in Australia, my guy is planning on bringing me and my kids( not his), to live with him. So i want to know basically what would the procedure be and exactly how hard is it? Can anyone rec some links or sites for me to read through?
    Its not up in the air anymore and is getting more real by the day according to his employer, but i need some facts as im finding it hard to get the proper facts online, thanks a million in advance guys!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭portomar

MonicaBing wrote: »
    Hey all, my guy is about to get sponsored by his employer to stay permanently in Australia, my guy is planning on bringing me and my kids( not his), to live with him. So i want to know basically what would the procedure be and exactly how hard is it? Can anyone rec some links or sites for me to read through?
    Its not up in the air anymore and is getting more real by the day according to his employer, but i need some facts as im finding it hard to get the proper facts online, thanks a million in advance guys!

ok generally, to live in australia with your partner, you will need to prove that you are his de-facto partner. evidence of this can include but is not limited to: rent/mortgage receipts for a period. having a joint bank account. i think you used to be required to prove 2 years but now it's one.

just my laymans understanding of the situation. good luck. im entering the confusing world of sponsorship myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭myhorse

Just revisiting this thread as the following may be of interest of those on sponsorship and their dependants

(from BE mentioned above)

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/faq-subclass-457.htm

Advertisement