Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

money and photography

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭32finn

if we cant make money from it lets just go out there and enjoy and love it!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

A) Lebowitz is a 'mere mortal'.

B) An overrated one at that.

C) She also enjoys her attention seeking.

D) Why the f*ck did she need a loan of 22 million dollars!?

E) Her own fault for getting a loan she couldn't pay off.

F) She has indeed, made plenty of money from photography. She's just losing it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,723 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Fajitas! wrote: »
    A)

D) Why the f*ck did she need a loan of 22 million dollars!?

her "dire financial condition,"

p.s. still love her 70s Stones stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

thebaz wrote: »
    her "dire financial condition,"

Lmao! Where'd she get her loan? BoI?

"Reason for Application?"

"My dire dire financial condition."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,275 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Michael Jackson wrote and performed some of the best selling albums of all time (Bad and Thriller). He died heavily in debt. If someone spends more than they earn, even when that's millions, they'll end up broke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

What Sleepy say is true, I earn little but lead a comfortable lifestyle, I budget well.
    :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

Covered in (much) more detail here. Seems she had zero sense with money.

Saw her exhibition in Madrid recently, a mix of personal stuff & the portrait stuff. The personal stuff didn't do much for me, some of the portraits were great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭mrboswell

She got too greedy, now its pay back - literally!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

thebaz wrote: »
    if the great (or used to be) Annie Leibovitz can't make money from photography, what hope for us mere mortals

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2009/0730/breaking89.htm

I would say she made a lot of money. I think she just didn't manage it very well by the same token. If it's true that she was on 2 million dollars a year from Condé Naste leaving aside all the other side payments, then two years work would be enough for me to retire.

A lot depends on your outlook on life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭mrboswell

Calina wrote: »
    I would say she made a lot of money. I think she just didn't manage it very well by the same token. If it's true that she was on 2 million dollars a year from Condé Naste leaving aside all the other side payments, then two years work would be enough for me to retire.

A lot depends on your outlook on life.

Eh...at $250,000 a shoot i'd give early retirement a go....

• Advertisement
Advertisement