Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Studio Hire for na Hour -Price?

Options
  • 30-07-2009 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭irish147

I want to record a voice over in a studio, what would it cost for a hour?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Splinters

It really varies from studio to studio, some of the cheaper studios would probably give you an hour plus engineer for 70 - 80'ish, maybe more depending on what kind of editing will be required afterwards. Then again you could go to somewhere like Grouse Lodge which admitedly is an amazing studio and spend a few hundred.

What specifically are you looking to record? I have my own home studio in Sandyford with some pretty high end software and hardware. If you're interested I could probably record you here for a whole less then any studio will charge with the same high end results. Sure if you're interested drop me a pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Tess Walsh

Hi there, just wondering if you could help us out here, we are looking for someone with the equipment to either re-record or transfer to computer files or CD some old double reel tape recordings. Could your facility do this?

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Splinters

I presume you mean this kind of thing...

http://www.chadbarr.com/uploads_chadbarr/ReelTape.jpg

Unfortunately I wouldnt have the facility to do that, unless you actually have a device which can play them? Quite possibly then I can take a line out and transfer it that way but other then that Im afraid I wouldnt be much use to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 supergroove

I know a good studio in Dublin 2 that does good VO recordings with excellent gear..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Mr pink

I do voice overs in my studio at only 20euro per hour
    If you're interested. Sound effects included.
    Pm me.

• Advertisement

Where is your studio? Can I see it online? What is the vocal booth like?

Cheers,

Alan.

Hi there, I know someone who might be able to do this. They might be able to get the correct tape machine and do the transfers. Do you know exactly what kind of tape it is?

Cheers,

Alan.
    Tess Walsh wrote: »
    Hi there, just wondering if you could help us out here, we are looking for someone with the equipment to either re-record or transfer to computer files or CD some old double reel tape recordings. Could your facility do this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Mr pink

Where is your studio? Can I see it online? What is the vocal booth like?

Cheers,

Alan.

Tyrrelstown Dublin 15.
    Vocal booth is acoustically treated.
    www.myspace.com/soundtrackrecordingstudios

Advertisement