Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sorry, do you want Condoms with that?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Fugly

lucylu wrote: »
    Are you sure OP you are not Shallow Hall!

Not everyone is as perfect as you

In fairness, he never said he was perfect/more beautiful than them, in fact he may just like to escape his own ugliness and view beautiful people only.

Just because a person lacks symmetry/good bone structure which are the universally accepted definitions for beauty (the rest are just personal preferences) does not mean that they also lack the ability to recognise these attractive features in others.

One does not have to be able to create great art to appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Milky Moo

Hehe you're username is Fugly,just thought I would point that out to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Jayo Robards

lucylu wrote: »
    Are you sure OP you are not Shallow Hall!

Not everyone is as perfect as you

Shallow Hal was in the enviable position that he saw ugly people as pretty. The OP does clearly does not have that ability.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭starflake

davyjose wrote: »
    It's the chipper scene that kills me -- I'm not saying people don't have sex in chippers. Clearly they do (I've been to finglas), but the gormless look on your man's face afterwards, drrrr! makes me want to bludgeon him to death with a frozen haddock.

Also the last chick - in the bedroom scene - is so putrifyingly ugly that if you even tried to put your penis within 6 inches of her, it would shrivel up and drop off. Of that I'm certain.

Yer man in that scene is worse! Have to laugh at people on here at times! Are ye all God's gifts?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭portomar

starflake wrote: »
    Yer man in that scene is worse! Have to laugh at people on here at times! Are ye all God's gifts?!

I am yea, not sure bout the rest of 'em

That's Irish men for ya... They're always bitching about Irish women being ugly! Swing the mirrors around boys and take a big long look cause there's not too many of ye too hot either!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

That's Irish men for ya... They're always bitching about Irish women being ugly! Swing the mirrors around boys and take a big long look cause there's not too many of ye too hot either!

I'm fuppin' gorgeous me.

garbage! I live in Australia and us Irish lads abroad in general CLEAN UP compared to back home....why?? Because average looking girls in Ireland think they're gorgeous and act that way, meaning us Irish lads are trained to be charmers because we've had to work so hard to score all our lives! You see most Irish girls have this high and mighty thing going on because their Mother's grew up in a much more chauvanistic/patriarchal society and are living through their daughters in a ''you go girl, you're better than any man'' sort of way. Girls of other nationalities in my opinion recognise gender difference better, and hence are more easy going, and less hard on guys who come onto them. And after all most girls go for personality/charm over looks, and Irish lads have had to develop that in spades to deal with Irish girls.
    And i also do think irish blokes are better looking than irish girls on an averaged basis yes... not sure why that is but i do know there's a possibility i'll never go out with another Irish girl ever again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Fugly

Milky Moo wrote: »
    Hehe you're username is Fugly,just thought I would point that out to you.

:eek:...Yes. I did pick it out and type it and everything.. People keep pointing it out though. :rolleyes:. And I'm living proof that the beast can appreciate the beauty and also recognise anther beast.:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭cathysworld

I'd say the reason you "clean up" abroad is because of your charm and maturity!

"You go girl, youre better than any man"?? WTF was that? get over yourself!

I'd say the reason you "clean up" abroad is because of your charm and maturity!

"You go girl, youre better than any man"?? WTF was that? get over yourself!

that was me THE **** taking the piss out of Irish Mothers and what many of them have instilled/live through in their daughters

I have no idea where you got that idea from! I was also in Oz two years ago and a lot of the "scoring" that goes on is because of the 24 hour opening in bars and clubs!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭aido179

portomar scored a foreign chick...

I do find that though, when ever im abroad I do WAY better with the wimmin than at home. Irish women are b1tches

portomar wrote: »
    Because average looking girls in Ireland think they're gorgeous and act that way

That's exactly what I'm talking about. How dare Irish girls have any confidence in themselves.... they're all ugly anyway... and even the average ones think they're gorgeous! how dare they?!

aido179 wrote: »
    portomar scored a foreign chick...

I do find that though, when ever im abroad I do WAY better with the wimmin than at home. Irish women are b1tches

Not fair..... I don't consider myself to be a bitch

• Advertisement

I have no idea where you got that idea from! I was also in Oz two years ago and a lot of the "scoring" that goes on is because of the 24 hour opening in bars and clubs!!

from 10 odd years of trying to hook up with Irish girls versus 2-3 or so years trying to hook up with the various other nationalities. na most of the girls i meet tend to be at least passibly sober.

But it's not just the amount, it's that ive seen decent looking mates of mine score honest to jesus DITCH PIGS back home because it's so hard to score, anywhere else you can aim higher in my experience. Irish girls just have an overly high opinion of themselves and that's why Irish lads do so well, they've trained hard!

No,

The Ozzie girls see ye as a bit of a novelty whereas we know exactly what ye are... that's the difference.

From my experience in Oz, the Irish guys slobber over anything that moves cos most of them are too hammered to see straight! :pac::pac:

Youre obviously a guy who bases everything on looks, maybe that's why you had no success "hooking up" in Ireland?

That's exactly what I'm talking about. How dare Irish girls have any confidence in themselves.... they're all ugly anyway... and even the average ones think they're gorgeous! how dare they?!

now you're talking my language Starflake, glad you're on board!!...

oh wait my sarcasm detector just exploded!! :)

i'm not saying all irish girls are ugly, i'm saying that we're generally an average looking race, but that the blokes are slightly better lookin' than the girls (maybe because guys good looks are sometimes based on height, build etc more than bone structure?? don't know). again all on an averaged basis...BUT the girls generally have this high and mighty catholic-prude-mixed-with-womens-lib vibe that they look down on 95% of blokes that approach them....that's nothing to do with confidence, that's bein a c**t!

Not fair..... I don't consider myself to be a bitch

I dont consider myself a dangerous driver, but being male, and under the age of 24 I am therefore treated as such.

FAIR

(starflake, Im not saying you personally are a bitch, i dont mean to be an ass like that, Im just saying that when it comes to actually scoring women, Irish women tend to be bitchy compared to other nationalities...)

• Advertisement

Yeah I agree we are generally an average looking race but sometimes people try to bat out of their league? Hence the bitterness after rejection..

Aido179 You just called me a bitch?

Yeah I agree we are generally an average looking race but sometimes people try to bat out of their league? Hence the bitterness after rejection..

Couldn't have said it better myself

I dont consider myself a dangerous driver, but being male, and under the age of 24 I am therefore treated as such.

FAIR

(starflake, Im not saying you personally are a bitch, i dont mean to be an ass like that, Im just saying that when it comes to actually scoring women, Irish women tend to be bitchy compared to other nationalities...)

Maybe they're bitchy toward YOU for a reason! Can I suggest that often times searching outside yourself for reasons may not be the best option. Think outside the box a bit

I see nothing wrong with batting out of their league. Infact, the existance of leagues at all suggests there is a group of women who believe they are better than any man of a certain looks catagory.

personally, I like to bat out of my league, I will never aim low to save myself embarassment. aiming high, exeptionally high can have zero drawbacks:
    a: you score an amazing looking woman
    b: she turns you down, you walk away with a smile and she looks bitchy for turning you down.

starflake: I dont want to start a flame war. By bitchy, i mean telling somebody to **** off without having the chance to actually talk to them. I dont really see any justification for this but poeple having a terrible attitude. If a guy starts talking to a girl and she decides he isnt right for her, after having some chance to chat, I understand that completely, thats just the way it is.

No,

The Ozzie girls see ye as a bit of a novelty whereas we know exactly what ye are... that's the difference.

i can just see ya now, saying that with squinted eyes and clenched fists in that angry you-repressed-my-sex-for-centuries irish girl way...

and na there's only been a few ozzies, lot of americans, canadians, continental europeans and english

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I knew this thread was gonna degenerate into this argument at some stage

"Foreign wimmen are better"
    "Irish men expect more then they can get"
    "Irish wimmen are bitches"
    etc etc etc

EVERYONE IS FCUKING DIFFERENT!!!!!:mad:

Why does the woman look like a bitch for turning you down?!

I knew this thread was gonna degenerate into this argument at some stage

"Foreign wimmen are better"
    "Irish men expect more then they can get"
    "Irish wimmen are bitches"
    etc etc etc

EVERYONE IS FCUKING DIFFERENT!!!!!:mad:

Yeah obviously everyone is different, this is a discussion forum and its interesting to get some "FCUKING DIFFERENT" opinions

Yeah obviously everyone is different, this is a discussion forum and its interesting to get some "FCUKING DIFFERENT" opinions
    Not when these "different opinions" have been brought up in threads over and over and over and over and over.*

*and over and over and over and over and over and over

• Advertisement

Why does the woman look like a bitch for turning you down?!

your right, she probably doesn't

your right, she probably doesn't

Do you think she is a bitch for turning down somebody she's not interested in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭wudangclan

Not when these "different opinions" have been brought up in threads over and over and over and over and over.*

(hot) chip on your shoulder? :pac:

Sorry Im new to this and havent read every single opinion ever posted on this since its beginning... Apologies to you.. Would you like to go back to discussing if the actors in the contraception ad are attractive or not?

Do you think she is a bitch for turning down somebody she's not interested in?

she's not necessarily a bitch in turning someone down but may act like a bitch to do so

wudangclan wrote: »
    (hot) chip on your shoulder? :pac:
    Only when im a messy eater

she's not necessarily a bitch in turning someone down but may act like a bitch to do so

Do you agree the guy might also act like a total ass**le when approaching her?! Hence her lack of interest

yep. Why else would there be hard feelings? I've been turned down by plenty of nice women. You still buy her a drink (or whatever) and have a laugh.
    Do you agree the guy might also act like a total ass**le when approaching her?! Hence her lack of interest
    I can understand that.

yep. Why else would there be hard feelings? I've been turned down by plenty of nice women. You still buy her a drink (or whatever) and have a laugh.

I havent met any guys like you so!

• Advertisement

thank you

From my experience in Oz, the Irish guys slobber over anything that moves cos most of them are too hammered to see straight! :pac::pac:

Youre obviously a guy who bases everything on looks, maybe that's why you had no success "hooking up" in Ireland?

i wouldn't know i tend to avoid anywhere with a medium to high concentration of Irish people. no i do not base everything on look and i never said i had no success in Ireland, just more everywhere else ive been

rhetorical question?
    yes if the guy acts like an asshole the woman will probably show disinterest.

rhetorical question?

OF course! I know not all guys are like that but in fairness some of them are very pushy and arrogant! Especially with drink taken

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Jayo Robards

Has anyone got a youtube link to the ad?

in fairness ,because of the biological differences between men and women,far more women than men will be 'approached' and because the consequences are far more serious for a woman she has to be much more discerning as to who she'll select and therefore a woman standards will be much higher,thus labelling more approaches as an 'asshole approach' ,hence the bitchiness.
    i get it.

• Advertisement

hehe, i was actually out with some friends last night in a well known Galway night club. There were five of us at a table, a guy walk past, stops in his tracks, bends low over the table and darts his head between the two girls. We kinda start laughing, so he move in beside the only single girl and without saying anything, he start to grab her boob and kises her. just like that... needless to say, he was pushed away fairly quick, but it goes to show how assholish guys can be

in fairness ,because of the biological differences between men and women,far more women than men will be 'approached' and because the consequences are far more serious for a woman she has to be much more discerning as to who she'll select and therefore a woman standards will be much higher,thus labelling more approaches as an 'asshole approach' ,hence the bitchiness.
    i get it.

That sums it up pretty well. The last night I was out, had two drinks, was sitting at a table minding my own business, accidentally made eye contact with a friend of a friend, he comes straight over, sits down and trys to kiss me. I had never met him before or spoken two words to the guy. e had clearly been puking as his breath smelled like vomit.. I had to reject him, does that make me a bitch, I think not!!

OF course! I know not all guys are like that but in fairness some of them are very pushy and arrogant! Especially with drink taken

no disagreement here, and guys are like that the world over, id in fact say worse in many, many places than in Ireland (most latin countries, middle east, africa, states and canada) what im told from girls is Irish guys are mostly honest, personable and nice when approaching them. Hence the scoring! I should really thank our women folk for making us this way...certainly not thanking them by giving any of them my precious seed though! :D
    and cathysworld seriously where have you been hanging around!? i got SHOT down by a girl a while back she had a boyfriend but i had started talking to her and she was a very nice girl, so as Aido says, bought her a drink like i would have done if i thought i was getting in there, we chatted for a bit then went our separate ways. QED, no need for the cold, nasty way most Irish girls treat you when you're trying to simply make conversation. seriously last group of Irish girls i tried to talk to in a pub in Sydney? i mean literally try to strike up a polite convo? one of them looked at me like i was in charge of the Diocese of Ferns during the eighties and nineties! just thought to myself ''yep, you're why i left!''

I had to reject him, does that make me a bitch, I think not!!

nope.

There's so few of ye polite gentlemen left in the world Portoman for us "honest to God ditch pigs"

• Advertisement
Advertisement