Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Or Worst Band Website?

Options
  • 31-07-2009 12:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭

Which band or artist has the best or worst website in your opinion?

For example ...

I just had a look at the U2 website,which is mostly subscription,and i think it is very poor indeed on content for something you have to pay for.
    http://www.u2.com/

Where as if you look at the Metallica website,it is very comprehensive on everything for free,ie gig listings,history,concert videos,news,etc ... and all for free.
    http://www.metallica.com/

Which in your opinion is the best or worst website for any artist/s that you have come across?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭loveissucide

Radiohead's is excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 lyndy

I don't know about the others but Snow Patrol have a pretty good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Sonic Youth's website has a list of every ****ing piece of equipment they've ever used, lists of which guitars were put in which tunings, which guitars were used for which songs, which years which guitars were active, etc. Awesome site.

And +1 on Radiohead's site, Dead Air Space is a savage blog. Not very regularly updated, but it's actually Radiohead updating it - so cool. Even the way they just post up the playlists they're listening to in the 'office' - I love that kinda stuff :cool:

The old Flaming Lips site was really good, but they've just updated it and the new one doesn't seem as good.

A good website is so easy to think of, people get too concerned with fancy flash scripts and whatnot that take years to load, and the point is completely lost.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

• Registered Users Posts: 1 nerves76

this has got to be the worst band website in the world www.lazerandthebeams.com :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

nerves76 wrote: »
    this has got to be the worst band website in the world www.lazerandthebeams.com :eek:

I agreed til I saw the cat with the headphones on nodding away.
    Due to that it's actually the best ever

Advertisement