Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet Advertising

Options
  • 31-07-2009 12:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi Folks

Just wondering if anyone uses payed advertising on sites such a your local dot ie
    is it worth it as they over 700 a year?

Thanks in advance Dx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 DexterT

Any one at all?

D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 StuartC

Not worth it IMO..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 gerrybaah

I'm using citylocal.ie and they promised i'd be on the top of google for my business. Paying €40 per month and not one hit yet after 6 months. Will probably stop it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭blue4ever

are you on top as promised?

Unfortunately not. Maybe coz i'm not using it enough though!!! I think you need to give them key words from your site and you'll be put closer to the top.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

Why not use boards? Whats the area your target market is in

Hi Padocon,
    Its financial services. However I don't think I'm allowed promote my business on boards. (just joined so might be wrong!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭blue4ever

Gerry

There is an onus on yourself to help that process in fairness. I know of the franchise and some areas look like they are better run than others (much).
    So, I'd say that could be one factor.
    And if its publicity you are looking for - why dont you stick you web site in as a sig (when you have enough posts) or go over to the tech forum and ask people for a site review -

don't be shy!

Hi
    thanks a lot. Might do that

Gerry

• Advertisement

gerrybaah wrote: »
    Hi Padocon,
    Its financial services. However I don't think I'm allowed promote my business on boards. (just joined so might be wrong!!!)

You are, but you have to pay. Where is the target area? Town, County, Ireland, the word?

Hi Padocon,
    Its the Cork and Munster area. Do you know anyone who has used boards successfully to market their business?

Gerry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Cork Local

Hi Gerry,

I saw your post (from about 6 months ago) regarding CityLocal. You mention your target market is Cork/Munster - which CityLocal site was you listed on?

I run CityLocal Cork, can I help at all? (Happy to meet for a Coffee if you are Cork based).

Thanks,

Paul

gerrybaah wrote: »
    Hi Padocon,
    Its the Cork and Munster area. Do you know anyone who has used boards successfully to market their business?

Gerry

I am sorry, I only just saw your last post now. I think boards is more suitable for a national campaign. But I might be wrong. I would say to target people using popular local sites ie big papers in the Cork area.
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭TheGooseLicker

There is a fair whack of online advertising places out there... It depends on what ur business is..

U sell online and is your site a massive part of your business? Does being top of google REALLY matter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭leomessi

Adwords Search is the best place when starting out, then when you've a few thousand go crazy on the content network ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭TheGooseLicker

Is content network not more cost affective than Ad Words?

Being on top of Google does matter - once it's for the right profit generating keywords.

Advertisement