Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Question?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭shqipshume

rightso wrote: »
    Why do you assume we would be proud?

To me, my nationality wouldn't be the first thing thats springs to mind when talking of being proud.

What would then?
    Nice answer though :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

shqipshume wrote: »
    Hey you are good looking stop putting yourself down;)
    Thank you :)

Yes my fishing worked:pac:

Thank you :)

Yes my fishing worked:pac:

You are welcome :) How are you long time no speak!

Yep another thing about Irish craftie bunch :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭cathysworld

Sense of humour and friendliness (in most people) ;)

shqipshume wrote: »
    You are welcome :) How are you long time no speak!

Yep another thing about Irish craftie bunch :D
    Im sleepy and preparing for the war with the Googilators
    Sense of humour and friendliness (in most people) ;)
    Thats directed at my rant in the other thread isnt it :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Maddison

I like the fact that If we win in a sport we party, when we lose in a sport we party, we're not bad losers, I suppose we are just used to it so why cry over spilt milk.
    I love being Irish not for any one reason but I couldnt imagine myself any other nationailty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭PK2008

Im proud that we're so secure in our identity that we dont have to keep defining our 'irishness' every couple of weeks

oh wait....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭cathysworld

Ha I didnt even notice u were in here :) I just meant it as a general thing

Maddison wrote: »
    I like the fact that If we win in a sport we party, when we lose in a sport we party, we're not bad losers, I suppose we are just used to it so why cry over spilt milk.
    Ive cried on occasion cause of sport.Usually from being really upset losing when I knew I coulda done much better :o
    There was no parties on those occasions
    Ha I didnt even notice u were in here :) I just meant it as a general thing
    Im everywhere :cool:

• Advertisement

Hahahah drink all your tomato juice now and eat all your stew :D

What did you rant about i couldnt imagine that :eek:
    PK2008 wrote: »
    Im proud that we're so secure in our identity that we dont have to keep defining our 'irishness' every couple of weeks

oh wait....

LOL :D

Ive cried on occasion cause of sport.Usually from being really upset losing when I knew I coulda done much better :o
    There was no parties on those occasions

No your just a cry baby and anyone else that cries normally drowns their sorrows & gets back to the partying :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Being caught between two countries ie, England / Ireland .

Although sometimes in between is a cool place to be :D

No your just a cry baby and anyone else that cries normally drowns their sorrows & gets back to the partying :p
    Harsh :(

Harsh :(

*Hugs* :D

*Hugs* :D
    No! :mad: No chin hugs for you!:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

My parents had sex here - at least once!!

My parents had sex here - at least once!!
    You to ?
    No! :mad: No chin hugs for you!:mad:
    You should demand a real hug , much better the the internetz ones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭LouOB

ahh posted in wrong thread

delete
    delete
    delete

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭LouOB

LouOB wrote: »
    ahh posted in wrong thread

delete
    delete
    delete

Actually.... posted in right thread only, thread has gone off course :rolleyes:
    So.. Im going to answer OP question

I was thinking of some insightful stuff to post here but all the attributes that I am proud of, which are Irish also embody Colin Farrell.
    So hence,

we have never invaded another country by force only charm
    we may seem like 'simple' folk but dont mock us as we are good fighters - and dirty ones at that
    we are hard workers and play just as hard as well
    we get on well with all nationalities but can still take the piss out of ourselves
    we have a unique sense of style
    and a unique sense of our status in the world - good contributors as we had it 'ard -
    we know how to play our part
    and are the first to point the finger and go 'thats not right' or 'yer man's mad in the head' etc

after that, obligatory 'in all in anyways...'

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

we have st patricks day, its not really about snakes being banned from Ireland or Christianity being fed into us with a mixture of old myths so that it would be easier to swallow.
    It's a day when everyone around the world wishes they were Irish or claim to be Irish, I dont know of any other country in the world who have a global celebration of their nationality by other countries.

That sounds like they're queuing up with fake ids.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

I'm Irish! :eek:

Latchy wrote: »
    You should demand a real hug , much better the the internetz ones
    No!She doesnt deserve one :mad:

So lonely:(

No!She doesnt deserve one :mad:
    I saw what you did there

Hugs

Oh wait .... your a guy :eek:

* gives the Chin a guy Hug *

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 932 ✭✭✭PaulieD

This thread was done already, but it is back again, with an extra hint of self loathing.:confused: Here was my previous answer,

I am proud to be Irish because despite our "difficult" past with the suffering and heartache, Ireland, through sheer hard work and fortitude picked itself up of its knees and educated itself so that now we can hold our heads up and feel proud of how far we have come and how well educated, both us and our children are.

I am proud to be Irish as despite our ancestors being forced out of the country and to scatter to the four corners of the globe, the Irish identity remains strong. We stick together, look out for our own, might seem a tad romantic but while other countries moan about losing their identity I don't see it happening with Ireland.

I am proud to be Irish as our own national sport is among the best in the world. Nothing beats Croker during Championship season. The sun shining. When Amhrain na bhFiann is being sung by 80,000 strong crowd. Unbeatable. Goosebumps on the back of my neck time.

PaulieD wrote: »
    This thread was done already, but it is back again, with an extra hint of self loathing.:confused: Here was my previous answer,

I am proud to be Irish because despite our "difficult" past with the suffering and heartache, Ireland, through sheer hard work and fortitude picked itself up of its knees and educated itself so that now we can hold our heads up and feel proud of how far we have come and how well educated, both us and our children are.

I am proud to be Irish as despite our ancestors being forced out of the country and to scatter to the four corners of the globe, the Irish identity remains strong. We stick together, look out for our own, might seem a tad romantic but while other countries moan about losing their identity I don't see it happening with Ireland.

I am proud to be Irish as our own national sport is among the best in the world. Nothing beats Croker during Championship season. The sun shining. When Amhrain na bhFiann is being sung by 80,000 strong crowd. Unbeatable. Goosebumps on the back of my neck time.

I didnt see that previous thread :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Im proud to be Irish because of many things.

We have a great country and great oppertunities afforded to us that countless millions in less fortunate circumstances.

It amuses me the amount of people that bitch about this country thinking we have it bad.

If you dont like it, please do fcuk off to where you think its so much better.. i hope they'll have you and i genuinely hope you can be happy there... that is until some other superficial sh1te bothers you

Advertisement