Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Prometheus *SPOILERS FROM POST 1538*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 impala67

saw a tv trailer for this last night on channel 4 it looks epic...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Wow....may be rethinking my decision to hold out and see if this is being shown on the plane.:pac:

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

RandyMarsh.jpg
    fyp:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

I've changed my tune about these trailers, there have been far too many now and they are getting more and more revealing as the release date approaches. I thought the point of trailers was to get audiences intrigued by a movie not to summarise the whole plot.

I have to say that I'm disappointed that they felt the need to show
    the eel like alien life form
    in the chamber room scene, I would have preferred if they had just showed
    a ripple in the black liquid
    like in the Russian trailer. It takes away from the mystery and suspense of that scene plus we now know who dies/gets infected first too which is again disappointing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

Raekwon wrote: »
    I've changed my tune about these trailers, there have been far too many now and they are getting more and more revealing as the release date approaches. I thought the point of trailers was to get audiences intrigued by a movie not to summarise the whole plot.

I have to say that I'm disappointed that they felt the need to show
    the eel like alien life form
    in the chamber room scene, I would have preferred if they had just showed
    a ripple in the black liquid
    like in the Russian trailer. It takes away from the mystery and suspense of that scene plus we now know who dies/gets infected first too which is again disappointing.

Then why on earth would you look at the newer trailers?

Fair enough if you're in the cinema and are unable to look away from the screen or if it's shown on tv and you just can't change the channel because the controls are hidden under the couch.

I love the new bits in the trailers. I just hope it's a good movie.

If I did care about mystery or surprises in movies I'd stay away from any online discussions and trailers about them. I'm not saying for you to do that...I'm just saying that's what I would do.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I do agree with him to an extent though.

I wish they stopped putting up new trailers because when it's there you have to watch it but that last trailer definitely contained a bit too much that was spoilery for me too.

God Damn will power...

red dave wrote: »
    Then why on earth would you look at the newer trailers?

Because I'm a massive Alien fan and this is the biggest film of the year for me! Plus I saw it one Channel 4 last night and didn't expect it to show even more footage then what has been reveled already.

Don't get me wrong, I love watching the trailers, but I think that they are starting to give far too much away now. For example did they really need to show
    what attacks the crew in the chamber room? We now know that the life form being picked up in the egg chamber is a silver eel like creature that slides up Rafe Spall's characters arm into his suit and sprays an acid like substance in his face

Why did they feel the need to show that? In my opinion they showed one of their ace cards right there and should have keep important revelations like that out of the trailers. That's all I'm saying!

From a non-spoiler view, if they left it with the previous trailers would have been spot on. I was very surprised (& happy) by the latest trailer with the amount of extra bits they've shown. Yes I can understand anyone who doesn't want to see spoilers been disappointed.

Maybe there still are some surprises left though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I haven't seen the new trailer yet. Should I?

• Advertisement

Keno 92 wrote: »
    I haven't seen the new trailer yet. Should I?

If you don't mind knowing MUCH more than you already know then go for it...

Otherwise steer clear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Raekwon wrote: »
    Because I'm a massive Alien fan and this is the biggest film of the year for me! Plus I saw it one Channel 4 last night and didn't expect it to show even more footage then what has been reveled already.

Don't get me wrong, I love watching the trailers, but I think that they are starting to give far too much away now. For example did they really need to show
    what attacks the crew in the chamber room? We now know that the life form being picked up in the egg chamber is a silver eel like creature that slides up Rafe Spall's characters arm into his suit and sprays an acid like substance in his face

Why did they feel the need to show that? In my opinion they showed one of their ace cards right there and should have keep important revelations like that out of the trailers. That's all I'm saying!

Your spoiler was obvious from the other trailers, all they did was reveal some details regarding the appearance of it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,652 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I reckon, and hope, that the trailers are only giving away snippets, that the bulk of the movie is filled with stuff that will shock and surprise.... I hope.
    If it turns out that all the best bits are in the trailers, well then I'll hunt down Ridley like a dog...

Make him watch the AvP films as punishment or something!

I've only ever seen Alien and Aliens. Do I need to see the rest before I watch this? I was planning on Re watching 1 & 2.

I've only ever seen Alien and Aliens. Do I need to see the rest before I watch this? I was planning on Re watching 1 & 2.

nope, its nothing to do with them (so they say, that could be bollocks though)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

Yes, you should absolutely watch Alien Resurrection and AvP 1 and 2 before this. You'll love them.

• Advertisement

Mindkiller wrote: »
    Yes, you should absolutely watch Alien Resurrection and AvP 1 and 2 before this. You'll love them.

Haha. I've seen AVP 1 and know the reviews of the 3rd and 4th installments ;)

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

Another trailer with snippets of new footage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

Memo

To: me
    Subject: never watch movie trailers of movies I am going to see ever again.

the amount of footage around at the mo is fcuking RIDICULOUS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Another trailer with snippets of new footage

So it's confirmed, Shaw gives birth to that thing.

And that dude's helmet caving in......

Yeah, there's no way that this film is going to be PG13. Sorry Ridley, you were deluded if you thought you'd get that rating. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Whatever the rating is we should find out this week. The film comes out in a month, so there's no way they can leave it any later.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,669 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Looks awesome

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Your spoiler was obvious from the other trailers, all they did was reveal some details regarding the appearance of it.

My spoiler was about the *International Launch Trailer that was posted a few pages back (*that link contains a massive spoiler image and video clip so click on it at your own risk).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Haha. I've seen AVP 1 and know the reviews of the 3rd and 4th installments ;)

Alien 3 is a decent film ... Alien 4 is a load of ****e...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

There are lots of trailers floating around right now, but really there's only about 5 minutes of footage shown. Some big aspects have been revealed in there, but there's still probably about 2 hours we haven't seen. I'm not sure that the trailers have spoiled things for me, I still am so excited about seeing the film. There's so much we still just don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

ArthurG wrote: »
    There are lots of trailers floating around right now, but really there's only about 5 minutes of footage shown. Some big aspects have been revealed in there, but there's still probably about 2 hours we haven't seen. I'm not sure that the trailers have spoiled things for me, I still am so excited about seeing the film. There's so much we still just don't know.

I agree, still so much too be answered. The trailers are amazing looking yet it only really makes the film look like some sort of alien infestation film, you know it cant be just this as its been done to death at this stage. I found some of the images/scenes in the trailers a little confusing and not sure where they fit in the grand scale of things. I'm hopefull we are being led a little a stray by the marketing.. Fingers crossed!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭jcf

Yeah surely it can't be just an alien infects the crew one by one lark, as said been done to death - from the trailer looks similar to Alien , crew member gets infected with eel like creature instead of spider, back to ship , chaos ensues...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

jcf wrote: »
    Yeah surely it can't be just an alien infects the crew one by one lark, as said been done to death - from the trailer looks similar to Alien , crew member gets infected with eel like creature instead of spider, back to ship , chaos ensues...

so basically a remake of alien ? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

In fairness it's tackling bigger themes than Alien (well according to Ridley Scott).

Plus, this looks a lot more chaotic than one person simply getting infected, I think there's a lot more at play here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

I'm hoping the trailer has been deliberately edited to give that impression so as to get bums on seats only to then completely blow away any pre conceived notions people have.

Then again Hollywood is so paint by numbers nowadays that it wouldn't be a big suprise if it turned to be just another piss poor Alien cash in either.:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

I'm hoping the trailer has been deliberately edited to give that impression so as to get bums on seats only to then completely blow away any pre conceived notions people have.

Then again Hollywood is so paint by numbers nowadays that it wouldn't be a big suprise if it turned to be just another piss poor Alien cash in either.:(

Definatley seems like theres more to it than that, with the mention of the ship heading to Earth, maybe to destroy it, what's that about eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

The fact that Michael Fassebender is in this is a WIN for me. I already know its going to be great!!!

Less then 1 month !! :D:D !! can't wait ...

37 days 05 hours 48 minutes and 10 seconds left from the time of this post

37 days 05 hours 48 minutes and 10 seconds left from the time of this post

its out on June 1st here as far as I'm aware, same as in England, unless someone can prove other wise

bullvine wrote: »
    its out on June 1st here as far as I'm aware, same as in England, unless someone can prove other wise

What...really? I thought it was June 8th. I'd be delighted if it is June 1st as I'm at a wedding on the 8th :D

29 days 05 hours 03 minutes and 03 seconds

What...really? I thought it was June 8th. I'd be delighted if it is June 1st as I'm at a wedding on the 8th :D

Entertainment ireland has it down as the 8th but Imdb has the 1st which is Englands Release date which we generally are the same as.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

I haven't been as excited about seeing a movie since the Matrix Reloaded.

Even if Prometheus is a let down like Reloaded, I can at least thank the trailers and pre-release discussion for getting me excited about cinema again.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Europe is getting it early, apparently because of the Champions League the following week. Although they released The Avengers here early as well, so it's possibly part of a new strategy by the studios to release blockbusters overseas before the American critics piss all over them.

Europe is getting it early, apparently because of the Champions League the following week. Although they released The Avengers here early as well, so it's possibly part of a new strategy by the studios to release blockbusters overseas before the American critics piss all over them.

Champions league ? Champions league final is May 19th , are you talking about Euro 2012 ?

edit I see Euro 2012 is starting June 8th .... good stuff 1 week earlier :D

Yeah, sorry, that's what I meant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭SK1979

So is it out June 1st?

That's a Friday (obviously) so surely there'll be early showings the Wednesday (30th May) and Thursday (31st)?

Sweet, thats only 4 weeks today! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭BarackPyjama

The fact that Michael Fassebender is in this is a WIN for me.

I wonder will he get his bony torso and ample wang out in this one? Hopefully not.

Similar to Shame, I kind of saw more than I wanted from the new trailer. Still though, again like Shame, I'm quite excited. Roll on June 1st.

Not gay

Big day planned June 1st, gonna go Savoy(were I watched Alien 3 and 4 for sentimental reasons) with the wife to celebrate our 10 year anniversary, followed by dinner and beers. Thats how to celebrate!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭BarackPyjama

bullvine wrote: »
    Big day planned June 1st, gonna go Savoy(were I watched Alien 3 and 4 for sentimental reasons) with the wife to celebrate our 10 year anniversary, followed by dinner and beers. Thats how to celebrate!!

Oh I remember you guys! You gave birth to your first child in the back seat of the Savoy during the premiere of Alien3. The baby burst through your wife's chest if I recall correctly. Although I think you may be taking this whole Alien thing a bit seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,904 ✭✭✭✭klose

Seen on a website its been rater e16 in russia which is apparently equivilant to R rating in the states (I guess russians are hardy people) Surely the official rating will be out soon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Creepy solved audio puzzle.

Spoilers A-hoy

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Creepy solved audio puzzle.

Spoilers A-hoy

Wow, got the shivers there

Will probably get a 16s. Would love if it got an 18s.

• Advertisement
Advertisement